• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where are the Bibby rumors coming from?

NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

I don't get the Bibby hate here. Other than the fact that he is playing in douche central...sorry Miami...why would anyone want him personally to fail? He was a big upgrade when we first got him and tried to play professionally his entire time here - he just deteriorated physically. I don't blame a guy for that - definitely not enough to wish him poorly. Between Acie and Teague, Bibby should have been our perimeter sniper off the bench by this season.

While I get that he made some asinine comments about being disrespected because he wasn't told he was being shopped and that he didn't get the ball in his hands here, I interpret it as the sting from being cast off by the Hawks for Captain Kirk. Basically, we were saying he was so bad at this point that we tried to get Deron, Devin, Raymond, Ramon, Kirk and other PGs to replace him. Since he never asked to leave Atlanta he was probably hurt by the trade and then that insult was compounded when Washington said "we would rather pay you for the rest of the year to play with someone else than keep you if we can just get cap relief next season." So after being cast off twice within a week, I assume his ego took a big hit and he was smarting from that rejection.

Based on his time in Atlanta, I wish him well personally but hope Miami flames out in embarrassing fashion.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

We forget that Bibby is the reason the Hawks got off to a good start this season.

I don't get the Bibby hate here. Other than the fact that he is playing in douche central...sorry Miami...why would anyone want him personally to fail? He was a big upgrade when we first got him and tried to play professionally his entire time here - he just deteriorated physically. I don't blame a guy for that - definitely not enough to wish him poorly. Between Acie and Teague, Bibby should have been our perimeter sniper off the bench by this season.

While I get that he made some asinine comments about being disrespected because he wasn't told he was being shopped and that he didn't get the ball in his hands here, I interpret it as the sting from being cast off by the Hawks for Captain Kirk. Basically, we were saying he was so bad at this point that we tried to get Deron, Devin, Raymond, Ramon, Kirk and other PGs to replace him. Since he never asked to leave Atlanta he was probably hurt by the trade and then that insult was compounded when Washington said "we would rather pay you for the rest of the year to play with someone else than keep you if we can just get cap relief next season." So after being cast off twice within a week, I assume his ego took a big hit and he was smarting from that rejection.

Based on his time in Atlanta, I wish him well personally but hope Miami flames out in embarrassing fashion.

Bibby is the one that wanted out of Washington, not the other way around. He asked to be bought out and Washington was apparently hesitant to do so at first, so I think it's safe to say they actually wanted to keep him around.

• Moderators

Bibby is the one that wanted out of Washington, not the other way around. He asked to be bought out and Washington was apparently hesitant to do so at first, so I think it's safe to say they actually wanted to keep him around.

Call me highly, highly skeptical that they actually wanted to keep him. I think they were laughing all the way to the bank when he agreed to waiver his entire salary next season.

I can definitely believe that he approached Washington about a buyout first, but why would they care about keeping him around? He couldn't mentor Wall on much other than his 3pt shot given that Bibby has never had the passing skills Wall already has and can't play D.

Bibby helped this franchise take the next step he deserves respect and to be honored. When Teague leads us to the Eastern Conference Finals is the moment that the Bibby memories will go away, but that is atleast another year away.

• Like 1