• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stern: Nothing Personal You #*&$#

AHF

• Moderators
NBA Commissioner David Stern says he doesn't plan to talk to Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy about critical remarks Van Gundy made about him - he will speak to Magic team executives about the comments.

Stern made his remarks Thursday during an interview on ESPN Radio in response to comments Van Gundy made earlier this week in defense of Magic center Dwight Howard.

"Because he tried to make it so personal, I'm not going to do anything about it this time," Stern said. "...It didn't bother me personally. I see somebody whose team isn't performing, whose star player was suspended, who seems to be fraying."

Stern also added: "... Whatever the pressures are that Stan is feeling, that he fell to whatever position he's in to say something like this, it made me sad."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/03/10/stern.van.gundy.ap/index.html#ixzz1GJ5H956l

Now I get why Stern would be ticked off at Van Gundy's comments but I love that he says "Oh nothing personal, but I just see a total loser over there on the Orlando sideline. I have no hard feelings but if he happens to fall down the stairs and break his neck, then it happens.

If those comments slamming the Magic and Van Gundy are Stern when he is not being personal, I'd hate to really tick him off.

:comando:

• Like 1

I don't like Stan Van, and I certainly hate the Magic so I like to see them floundering. However, Stern pisses me off with his comments and is really detrimental to the league with what he is doing. Stern is certainly not helping to dismiss Stan's comments about the NBA being Stern's league and he tweaks the rules to get the outcome he would like.

There needs to be an objective aspect to sports leagues to keep them interesting, Stern doesn't seem to let this happen though.

• Moderators

Loving the Vince McMahon turn by the Commish! Look out for the steel chair, Stan Van!

Seriously, though. Stern does need to be careful with his critiques. If coaches choose to be blowhards, that's on them. But the commissioner of the league can't be sniping at individual players, coaches, or owners in the media, especially when it serves nothing more than one's own ego.

~lw3

• Like 1