• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tonite's Starters Are...

JackB1

Either these Teague threads will die off, or keep expanding. Time will only tell. :pleasantry:

Edit: Negative? I wish I knew who gave me negatives. /SMH. I don't know how this 'offended' anyone. Like I said, if Teague plays bad, I'm sure these threads will die out, and if he plays good, these threads will keep expanding.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 2

Agreed with this statement, even Hinrich had trouble containing Russel. The kid is a beast. This is why I consider OKC to be a serious threat, because now you have two players on that team you might have to consider doubling.

ot: your sig is hilarious lol !!

I'm in agreement that I'd rather see one PG on the floor at a time, either Hinrich or Teague, and it doesn't matter to me which one of them starts the game, so long as their minutes are apportioned properly. I don't really see the point of rolling with Teague starting at point and Kirk at SG, because Kirk is a PG by trade and nature and that's the role in which he is most effective out there in my opinion. Starting both those guys at once leaves open the possibility of Jamal coming in to spell Teague at point, and that should never happen, in fact if I never see Jamal even attempting to play PG again for the Hawks, that will be too soon.

Hinrich is averaging about 28 minutes per game as a Hawk, and Teague is averaging about 18 minutes per game in his last 10 games, so leave it just like that. Split the minutes at point between those two players in whatever ratio is most effective on any given night, and leave Jamal out of the PG picture entirely.

• Like 2

I'm in agreement that I'd rather see one PG on the floor at a time, either Hinrich or Teague, and it doesn't matter to me which one of them starts the game, so long as their minutes are apportioned properly. I don't really see the point of rolling with Teague starting at point and Kirk at SG, because Kirk is a PG by trade and nature and that's the role in which he is most effective out there in my opinion. Starting both those guys at once leaves open the possibility of Jamal coming in to spell Teague at point, and that should never happen, in fact if I never see Jamal even attempting to play PG again for the Hawks, that will be too soon.

Hinrich is averaging about 28 minutes per game as a Hawk, and Teague is averaging about 18 minutes per game in his last 10 games, so leave it just like that. Split the minutes at point between those two players in whatever ratio is most effective on any given night, and leave Jamal out of the PG picture entirely.

Exactly. +1

You will get negatives for saying that. But well said, and to be honest, very true.

Edited by AHawks89

I am not in favor of starting full time BOTH Teague and Hinrich at PG and SG, respectively, but I don't mind doing it for the next few games to see how Teague plays with the starters and get significant minutes. However, among many other things, JJ at the 3 pretty much negates all the advantages he has over SGs, Hinrich at SG is not nearly as effective, and having Jamal be the backup PG (still!) presents a situation in which no real PG runs the show with the second unit.

But again, I don't mind them trotting this out against the lowly Bucks to what happens.

To be honest... I don't really see Kirk as being the SG in that lineup. I see it as two players sharing the duty of PG. But maybe I'm just crazy. lol. However, It does have potential for the team to have a pretty solid defensive duo on the perimeter.

But I wouldn't mind that lineup if we had a 3rd PG (that could guard a chair) on the roster. That way Jamal wouldn't be the "PG" off the bench.

Edited by Mdizzle5

I am not in favor of starting full time BOTH Teague and Hinrich at PG and SG, respectively, but I don't mind doing it for the next few games to see how Teague plays with the starters and get significant minutes. However, among many other things, JJ at the 3 pretty much negates all the advantages he has over SGs, Hinrich at SG is not nearly as effective, and having Jamal be the backup PG (still!) presents a situation in which no real PG runs the show with the second unit.

But again, I don't mind them trotting this out against the lowly Bucks to what happens.

We played the big lineup against the bucks all year long. Maggette was destroying Josh who couldn't chase him through the picks. I think we gonna be more effective with Joe at the 3. Moreover, we have a chance a establish a style with the small lineup: defense and fast break

just announced by MC

Teague!!!!

Hinrich

Joe

Smith

Horford

Should be

Teague/JJ/Damien/Josh/Al

Kirk/Jamal/Marvin/Zaza/Hilton

But if it puts Marvin on the bench, I'm all for it.

I dont like Kirk at the 2 either, but at least he can hit a freakin shot. Cant say that about JJ right now. Maybe sliding to the 3 will boosts Joe's game. Anything's worth a try. And I think I'd rather see Jamal at the point, than Marvin startin, so.....

• Moderators

Uh what? Since when does that make sense?

Teague needs to be on the bench and play a lot of minutes until he proves he can start.

Frankly, I feel like Teague has done well the majority of times he's been given minutes. I think with the talents he has shown on the court and our deficiencies at pg he should have been given a chance to start before now. A young guy is going ot make some mistakes and couple that with playing him with a terrible bench is setting him up to fail.

Its only one game but you put him in with the starters and suddenly he looks fantastic? He's got the tools but he needs some talent to work with him. Rondo didn't spend long playing the the chuckers and stone handed thugs. They quickly put him out there with guys who can play. We should be doing the same. Otherwise we'll look at the standard 3 year learning curve.