• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs .500+ teams

APE

Right now during the Suns/Mavs game they just mentioned the Hawks only have 10 wins against teams with records above .500. Did I hear this right?

Yes sir, Hawks have been falling flat vs elite teams. I wonder what the difference margin vs elite teams is. Scary right?

Thanks for the standings.but its crazy when yu look at it and see we are 6-1 in games decided by 3pts or less and miami is 2-8 even though they played more theirs should be better than ours whith all them broke jumpers miami throws up at end of games .so all hawks got to do is win the games by 3pts or less.

• Premium Member

Hawks consistently beat bad teams into the ground but continue to fold against the best. And as many have said before it's not so much about the losses but the margin in the losses. Take out Indiana and the Hawks could easily be the least feared team in the playoffs.

10-23 vs +0.500 teams tells me that the Hawks are still winning off of talent alone.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Hawks consistently beat bad teams into the ground but continue to fold against the best. And as many have said before it's not so much about the losses but the margin in the losses. Take out Indiana and the Hawks could easily be the least feared team in the playoffs.

10-23 vs +0.500 teams tells me that the Hawks are still winning off of talent alone.

This is exactly how to say it. I look at it as when Joe and Jamal are the two best offensive players on the court we win. When they aren't we lose.

• Premium Member

This is exactly how to say it. I look at it as when Joe and Jamal are the two best offensive players on the court we win. When they aren't we lose.

I probably shouldn't compare the college game to the pro game but I will. Take a VCU for example. Every team they've played so far in the tournament probably has equal or more talent. So why is VCU winning? Watch how hard and precise those guys play. Compare the way they chase down screens vs the half-assed way Jamal chases down his screens. Their coach isn't changing the lineup every game to match up to the opponent but continues to coach to what his team does best. More heart and better coaching getting it done.

LOL typical hawks fans trying to blame a guy who comes off the bench over there precious ....."core"

College is irrelevant the fact is that our 3 best players in the starting lineup simply do not bring there A games every game . jamal is irrelevant thats the difference

How many games does Dwight take off ?

Wade ? lebron ?

Kobe ? Gasol ?

Rose ? Noah ?

Rondo ?KG ? Pierce ? Allen ?

How many games have our big three all played well at the same time ?

Why is it for someone to have a great game and for us to get the win one of the other two must always be out or in foul trouble ?

But no Ill blame Bibby ,Marvin Crawford ,Zaza,Twin,Teague ,Kirk and totally ignore the fact that our 3 best players dont seem to compliment each other at all.