• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove gets benched, we win.

MVP23

• Moderators

So now we're bashing him for caring? Does KG get bashed for cussing out every person in the gym on a nightly basis. We aren't getting anywhere in the playoffs unless all the guys get a little fire in them. Sometimes you cuss people out when you get too riled up. I'm sure Kirk has some legit beefs but hopefully it won't lead him to not pass the ball for a wide open dunk. I'm more concerned about that than cussing out the coach. You're going to let a grudge affect the way you play the game?

<LI>“We was rolling,” Josh said. “Zaza was playing his *ss off. You have got to reward a man by putting your trust in him so that’s what I did. I was one of the biggest cheerleaders over there. Individual accolades don’t mean anything as long as we win as a team and play consistently that’s all that matters.”

Smoove is arguably the best player we have on the team. He just had an off night. Good move benching him but he doesn't deserve such a bad rep.

Best player as for as athletic skills go but probably the most gameplan disrupting player we have because he plays out of position so much and he thinks he is a PG. I doubt M Jordan would be a hall of famer if he decided to be a center and play like a center regardless of gameplan. Even when he is hitting his jump shots he is still messing up our gameplan by playing away from the basket so much. I cringe every time he make a 3 pointer as that just encourages him to play outside on offense.

Edited by swanlee

IMO last night was the perfect example of what JJ was talking about when he said they have to know and understand who should be getting the ball in certain situations . This is exactly the type of game we would play last year and this year Smoove has just gotten attached to those long jumpshots and holding onto the ball. I have no doubt he will bounce back he just has to realize that sometimes this team needs him to be and play like a bigman .

• Premium Member

Yeah, it's not like JJ got to the line 11 times or played defense like his life depended on it. Or that Al was crashing the glass like a fiend.

This was a gritty win. No one looked good on offense, but props to the guys for their D and work on the glass, which is what won us the game. It's also what we'll have to lean on if we want any shot at a good playoff surprise.

Joe and Josh are the only two players in my signature. Don't approach me like a hater. I like that he got to the line and it's a given that he is going to hit his free throws - if he gets to the line. I need to see much more of "aggressive" Joe before I start hopping up and down or before I give him a single prop. This is the guy. If we don't have All Star Joe, we aren't going to win. Had Crawford not been playing out of his mind (or like the reigning 6th man of the year), this would have been ugly.

Why? Because Josh Smith played like a 5 year old and Joe Johnson was 4-20. ALL winning teams play defense. I'm not going to pat him on the back for that. Especially considering he's never slacked in that area. He's not paid to play defense. Het's paid to put the ball in the basket and this would have been a whole different ball game (and a different team honestly), if JJ could get out of this ridiculous funk.

Great game. Incredible game. But I'm not putting my hopes on Crawford and ZaZa carrying us out of the 1st round.

Best player as for as athletic skills go but probably the most gameplan disrupting player we have because he plays out of position so much and he thinks he is a PG. I doubt M Jordan would be a hall of famer if he decided to be a center and play like a center regardless of gameplan. Even when he is hitting his jump shots he is still messing up our gameplan by playing away from the basket so much. I cringe every time he make a 3 pointer as that just encourages him to play outside on offense.

Hmmm... you could have a case/may have a case but there is one major issue. We never have a gameplan. Or at least rarely have a gameplan that we stick to. Drew doesn't run an offense or defense. He gives his guys the chance to do whatever they want. It's a major problem. If we had a gameplan Smoove would know his role. I'm pretty confident in that because he understands his defensive role just offense needs mentoring.

Hmmm... you could have a case/may have a case but there is one major issue. We never have a gameplan. Or at least rarely have a gameplan that we stick to. Drew doesn't run an offense or defense. He gives his guys the chance to do whatever they want. It's a major problem. If we had a gameplan Smoove would know his role. I'm pretty confident in that because he understands his defensive role just offense needs mentoring.

Ok gameplan may be stretching it but i take it as a natural gameplan or matchups more than anything. We do not have a REAL center, so when our shot blocking, rebounding PF is hanging out around the 3pt line and dirbbling the ball up the court like a guard it messes up our matchups. Heck our SF's and center take alot of jumps shots we need someone around the basket and Josh is not a good jump shooter even if he hits a few long ones.

We won with smith on the bench shows me we'd be better off without him if he is going to play like a PG.

Th ereason he was benched was because of his attitude.... He cursed out Hinrich and Drew and the coaching staff in the middle of the 3rd quarter.... His ATTITUDE and unwillingness to change his ways are what hold him back from being great... As far as this Hawks fan is concern he can sit his stubborn childish butt there the rest of the season. He needs to be somebody else's headache already....

If this is true then his but should be shipped out of town ASAP.

Its not the coaches fault, its not the PGs fault. Its all on Smoove for being a 12 year old punk. Drew would have sent him to the locker-room if he cussed out both him and Hinrich.

Look what happens when you put in a guy with 1/10 the talent but twice the heat in ZaZa.

I think a 2 game suspension is warranted here.........the problem with that is that it kills any trade value Smoove may have.

Edited by coachx

I wouldn't pass it to Josh Snith either if he was sitting at the 3 point line wide open because he's shown he can't help himself from taking that shot.

Hinrich had the reputation as a smart player before he came here - perhaps he's just using some common sense out on the floor.

However it's Drew's job to get Smoove to stop jacking those ill advised jumpers. I doubt benching Josh for 1 quarter will change his shot selection.