• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here's a question.

Diesel

Is Ainge gone for the Perkins trade? Is the guy who brought Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett to the Celtics (who won an '08 championship) gone after moving a defensive center/head-case pg for a super versatile sf/pf and a decent center? You don't boot a guy for making a trade before you even see how it pans out.

As for Sund, definitely more likely to be fired than Ainge :derisive:

The perkins trade is not the reason the celtics are struggling, and it was actually a very good trade. In any case, I am pretty sure that Ainge had to have communicated the trade ahead of time to the ownership given Green's status as an RFA.

As for Sund, given all the restrictions he's had to deal with I find it doubtful that he would be fired this soon.

Sund should be fired at the end of the season, if for nothing else, he is such a reactionary wuss who doesn't do anything until he absolutely has to. Yeah, he fleeced those dudes in giving us Jamal Crawford, but he got his comeuppance with everything else (and gave up too much in the junior Crawford deal--although getting Hinrich was necessary).

Ainge? Man please. I would take him every day of the week and twice on Sunday if my other option is Sund.

• Premium Member

Yes and no.

Go back and check the numbers. Where was Perkins the 1st half of the season when the Celtics had the best record? What were Perkins minutes in the playoffs during the '08 championship season?

Somehow this guy has been made into Kareem part duex. I hated when the Hawks faced him in the lineup but I've never liked his game. The guy traveled every possession and has the worst hands in the league. Would I take on the Hawks? All day. He's a good defender. This team actually needs a player like Perk. I still don't think he's anything special.

Here's where things get interesting for Danny. Say Shaq can't play. If he traded Perk thinking he had Shaq waiting I think he's in trouble. Those fans honestly believe in the legion of Perk and will never forgive Danny for trading away their title hopes.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I think trading away Perk was a huge mistake concerning this years title run, let alone signing guys like Daniels, West, Shaq, and O'Neal. Now in the long run, the Celtics may know something we don't. Doc always says they haven't lost a playoff series with that starting 5 in tact, and will get murdered on the boards throughout the playoffs like the Lakers did in Game 7. Sure, Perk isn't anything special, but in today's NBA, a man at his size who is always in near-perfect position to box out, rotate on help, and set picture perfect screens, he is invaluable to that team. The Celtics have been my favorite since the Big Three were assembled (not a Pierce fan at all), but Thibideau was the orchestrator of that defense and Perk was the foundation (Garnett the leader). Too much lost. Meanwhile, the Thunder's defensive stats have all spiked with Perk on the floor. The way Chicago breezed through Boston yesterday, it's not looking good. Ainge is like Dumars: for a few seasons, they push all the right buttons and achieve the ultimate goal. A few years later, the moves you make are total head-scratchers.

As far as my Hawks, I think I'll be satisfied with Sund. Too much chance for the ASG to hire someone even worse and regress even more.

Edited by benhillboy

I think trading away Perk was a huge mistake concerning this years title run, let alone signing guys like Daniels, West, Shaq, and O'Neal. Now in the long run, the Celtics may know something we don't. Doc always says they haven't lost a playoff series with that starting 5 in tact, and will get murdered on the boards throughout the playoffs like the Lakers did in Game 7. Sure, Perk isn't anything special, but in today's NBA, a man at his size who is always in near-perfect position to box out, rotate on help, and set picture perfect screens, he is invaluable to that team. The Celtics have been my favorite since the Big Three were assembled (not a Pierce fan at all), but Thibideau was the orchestrator of that defense and Perk was the foundation (Garnett the leader). Too much lost. Meanwhile, the Thunder's defensive stats have all spiked with Perk on the floor. The way Chicago breezed through Boston yesterday, it's not looking good. Ainge is like Dumars: for a few seasons, they push all the right buttons and achieve the ultimate goal. A few years later, the moves you make are total head-scratchers.

As far as my Hawks, I think I'll be satisfied with Sund. Too much chance for the ASG to hire someone even worse and regress even more.

Huh? How was signing Shaq for the minimum, West for the minimum and Daniels for the LLE a mistake? They are most likely the best players anyone could have gotten for that type of money.

And since the trade, the celtics defense has been just fine. Of all the losses since the trade, the celtics only allowed more than 100 points twice. The problem with the celtics is the same as last year: old team runs out of gas on offense and can't score late. If anything, the trade helped that a bit.

If we have a stale offseason and lose in the first round, is Sund gone for the Hinrich trade....

Also.

Is Ainge gone for the Perkins trade?

Nah.....plus I'm more worried about Jamal being gone....I really think they should keep him