• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dream Draft

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

WNBA Draft is underway and, as usual, I have no earthly idea what Marynell is up to.

Picked up another center in the first round (Ta'Shia Phillips - Xavier). Perhaps she's inspired by the Hawks' continued stockpiling of bigs today?

They need a point guard more than anything else. Rumors are afoot that they're swinging a deal to get All-Star Lindsey Harding here and that would be awesome.

One more round to go. Why the WNBA drafts three players for 11-person rosters makes me SMH everytime.

In the second round, they picked up a prodigy swing in Rachel Jarry from Australia. Any chance the pick is a ploy to work a deal for her teammate Lizzy Cambage, who's less than thrilled about the prospect of starting her WNBA career in Tulsa?

~lw3

• Moderators

So I guess you got your wish. The Dream "traded down" a 6-6 center for a 5-8 guard. (All Star Lindsey Harding). If only the Hawks worked like this.

Kind of a ladies' version of the another trade to DC where we MAY have given up too much (This year's and next year's 1st rounders, and one of the Miller twins, for Harding and a 2nd), but I'll take it.

Harding/Lehning

Izi/Price/Coco

Angel/Jarry? (I guess this spot goes to Bolte if they can't swing a trade for Cambage)

Sancho/Leuchanka? Paris? Irvin?

DeSouza/Bales

Full of win. That's possibly five All-Stars right there if they share the ball well. And if they can swing a trade for Cambage that's not too crazy, the Highlight Factory will be rockin' all summer long.

~lw3

Last year's no. 1 didnt even make the team so a first round pick may not be much, though the one we gave up this year looked like steal. (But would you rather have 4 6-5+ centers and 3 backup pgs or 3 centers and an all star pg.)

Anyway we've now got an All-Stars at every position: Erika (2009), Sancho (2009 and 2010), Izi (2010), Angel (2010) and Lindsey (2010). (Plus a former Coach of the Year). On paper this team is really going to be hard to beat since the only player we lost was Kelly Miller. If was fun having both Miller's on the team, but seemed like only one is needed. (Plus we have Shalee and Arminiti). I'm stoked!!

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1