• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WORST OFFICIATING GAME I'VE SEE IN SOME TIME

gutz

Oh the Magic got more free throws then us! The officiating must have been H0RRIBLE. Let's forget about the fact that we never force the the basket to the rim and take jumpshots all the time.

Oh and I saw plenty of bad calls going both ways just so you know. Too bad those rather tinted glasses only allow you to see them on one end.

• Like 1

That is laughable if you think the foul calls were evenly distributed. Get the heck out of here dude. Anyone not a Magic fan could see that was awful officiating. Howard sets a moving screen about 90% of the time and only gets called for it like 1 time a game. It's a joke!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Oh the Magic got more free throws then us! The officiating must have been H0RRIBLE. Let's forget about the fact that we never force the the basket to the rim and take jumpshots all the time.

Oh and I saw plenty of bad calls going both ways just so you know. Too bad those rather tinted glasses only allow you to see them on one end.

Ban the troll, mods.

Larry Drew should be fined, he should have made some kind of statement about this. It just isn't right to see this kind of biased officiating. It's really hard to go against TWO teams on one court.

Would you be willing to give up 2-3 months salary in order to criticize an official? Because that's about what it would be equal to for LD if he gets a fine in the neighborhood of 35k, which is what it would likely be. That's too much money to risk for a guy who's already the lowest paid coach in the game and I highly doubt the ASG would reimburse him for that either.

Would you be willing to give up 2-3 months salary in order to criticize an official? Because that's about what it would be equal to for LD if he gets a fine in the neighborhood of 35k, which is what it would likely be.

I was actually thinking the same thing, it dawned on me as soon as I said that that LD makes about 500k per season and it would be a big hit towards him. Sad really. But something needs to be said, whether it be him or one of our players. The kind of officiating that was shown last night was so obviously biased it made me scream during points. I remember seeing Smoove go on a break, Turk tried to wrap him up BLATANTLY and he still made the basket. No call. It was one of those fouls that Turk tried to commit in order to stop the basket, only nothing was called. Just simply ridiculous.

Yeah man, horribly reffed. Im not suprised though, the refs in the playoffs have been AWFUL. Offensive foul on carmelo for a pierce flop, a CLEAR goaltend by ibaka that cost the nuggets the game. This game was something else though, too many fouls called on our team, while Dwight never got called for blatant fouls

Edited by WhassupHawks

• Premium Member

Pretty lopsided officiating, and I'm not even talking about the trips to the line. There were some terrible calls in that game - one in particular on Armstrong. Howard basically threw him out of the way for the rebound and then fell on top of him - and they whistled Hilton.

In the end though, we just couldn't hit shots. It was anyone's game in the third before the Magic got a little momentum.

I realized there was no way Howard was going to foul out when he had five and used his elbow to ride Zaza's face out of bounds in order to clear a lane for Nelson right in front of the official.

On the other hand, we will usually be at a disadvantage in terms of number of attempts because we are a jump shooting team and the Magic, well, the Magic have Dwight Howard.

It really s*cks when you have to wake up at 3 AM in order to see yours favourite team, but instead of that, you have to watch how refs are playing...

Come on Americans, make some posters dedicated to Stern/refs and show them to the whole world in G3 or G4! Take some pressure on refs. In Europe we would do so. Let the world know about Hawks fans!

sorry for my english..

gotta be the worst officiating since......well, last year's playoffs.

honestly, stern hurts the league more by his policies than than he does by promoting the stars (and everyone knows it's dictated from the nba offices to help the star players and teams). i remember writing in disgust over calls for "prefered" players and calls against their opponents to ian thomson on si.com and his reply was just "well yeah, that's how it is and everyone knows it. you can't change it, just deal with it." teams like the hawks would have to work 2, 3 or 4 times as had to outplay miami to overcome lopsided officiating to have a hope to win.

it's really made me lose a lot of respect for the league and i've lost a lot of interest in participating and following it, aside from checking in on the squawk and catching hawks games when they happen to be on espn. i certainly won't give the league any money paying for the league pass until they move further from the wwe scripted side of the sporting event spectrum.

• Like 1