• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Are in Great Shape!

JackB1

Guys...we got what we wanted! We split in Orlando and got the home court advantage now.

We proved to Orlando that this series is going to be FAR DIFFERENT than the one last year and to put away those brooms!

Orlando got SO MUCH HELP from the referees last night and we STILL almost won the game. If we play our game Fri nite

and the foul calls swing our way...we could run them out of our building.

Sure Drew made a bad move holding Horford out too long, but he learned that from Woody :)

Let's see how he does the rest of the way and grade him on the ENTIRE series. So far it's

1-1 and we are coming home for 2. Considering the way we played the last 2 months of the

season, you gotta be pretty pleased with our position at the moment. The guys are playing

hard and competing.

Edited by JackB1
  • Like 1

Guys...we got what we wanted! We split in Orlando and got the home court advantage now.

We proved to Orlando that this series is going to be FAR DIFFERENT than the one last year and to put away those brooms!

Orlando got SO MUCH HELP from the referees last night and we STILL almost won the game. If we play our game Fri nite

and the foul calls swing our way...we could run them out of our building.

Sure Drew made a bad move holding Horford out too long, but he learned that from Woody :)

Let's see how he does the rest of the way and grade him on the ENTIRE series. So far it's

1-1 and we are coming home for 2. Considering the way we played the last 2 months of the

season, you gotta be pretty pleased with our position at the moment. The guys are playing

hard and competing.

I disagree, this is so typical of the Hawks, we've seen it after the Chicago game as well. As soon as these guys sense any type of cushion or comfort they forget how to play real basketball. Game 1 was almost the perfect game for the hawks we were passing the ball and actually attacking and getting to the free throw line. Game 2 was a whole different story as you see guys going one on one attempting fadaways and settling for three pointers. This team lacks fundamentals and are winning on effort alone. Give this team a decent offensive game plan where players don't have to exhaust themselves for a basket and we have a decent shot and advancing to the conference finals.

• Like 1

I disagree, this is so typical of the Hawks, we've seen it after the Chicago game as well. As soon as these guys sense any type of cushion or comfort they forget how to play real basketball. Game 1 was almost the perfect game for the hawks we were passing the ball and actually attacking and getting to the free throw line. Game 2 was a whole different story as you see guys going one on one attempting fadaways and settling for three pointers. This team lacks fundamentals and are winning on effort alone. Give this team a decent offensive game plan where players don't have to exhaust themselves for a basket and we have a decent shot and advancing to the conference finals.

You don't think that has something to do with how Orlando adjusted to us after game one?

I thought we stopped the ball movement in the 2nd half and let the clock wind down too many times,

The motion offense is good, but guys got to take shots if they are there and dont worry about making another pass

or following the play.

But I thought the EFFORT was good yesterday....just not as good execution. I think with FAIR officiating we win that game last night.

Edited by JackB1
  • Like 1

You don't think that has something to do with how Orlando adjusted to us after game one?

I thought we stopped the ball movement in the 2nd half and let the clock wind down too many times,

The motion offense is good, but guys got to take shots if they are there and dont worry about making another pass

or following the play.

But I thought the EFFORT was good yesterday....just not as good execution. I think with FAIR officiating we win that game last night.

Exactly, the guys were really trying to play the team game, but didn't execute well. The big problem is that they seemed to start thinking instead of playing loose.

Friday's game I think is the key to the series. The winner takes the series. Atlanta wins, and we have serious momentum into game 4. Orlando takes it, and the self-doubting Hawks show up in G4.

• Premium Member

I think we're OK. The thing about Game 2 is that the shots just weren't falling in the 2nd half. There was a stretch were neither team could score in the 3rd and it was anybody's game. Had we been able to convert on a few of those trips, we would have walked away with a win. It was a tough game (with sh!tty officiating) that grinded to a defensive halt.

Guys have to make baskets though - simple as that.