• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight's post-game presser

DJlaysitup

Watching Dwight Howard's post game press availabilty was interesting. At first they fed him softball questions...but later it got interesting. While I'm certainly no expert when it comes to body language or verbal hints..it was pretty obvious that Dwight was doing his level best to avoid saying what he really wanted to say.

Firstly - when questioned about Zaza and if Zaza "gets under your skin" - he paused for awhile - licked his lips - and said that Zaza is "a good defensive player"...so basically he answered the question "yes"...Zaza gets under his skin. No surprise there.

Secondly - when asked about his team's performance he did say that it was up to the shooting of the other guys too. I found that interesting (although he kept his comments close to the vest).

Lastly (question was something about carrying the team)...he said something like - "I can get 30 points and 30 rebounds and 10 blocks and it doesn't matter if we don't win".

That was a telling comment for a few reasons. First - it told me that 30 points is his comfort level and he feels the other guys aren't performing up to snuff. Second - he feels the pressure of carrying the team. Third - he feels like he is on an island inside and has to basically do everything.

Before - I never thought we had a chance at getting D12 in a trade or as a free agent...now I'm beginning to wonder.:rolleyes:

• Premium Member

Watching Dwight Howard's post game press availabilty was interesting. At first they fed him softball questions...but later it got interesting. While I'm certainly no expert when it comes to body language or verbal hints..it was pretty obvious that Dwight was doing his level best to avoid saying what he really wanted to say.

Firstly - when questioned about Zaza and if Zaza "gets under your skin" - he paused for awhile - licked his lips - and said that Zaza is "a good defensive player"...so basically he answered the question "yes"...Zaza gets under his skin. No surprise there.

Secondly - when asked about his team's performance he did say that it was up to the shooting of the other guys too. I found that interesting (although he kept his comments close to the vest).

Lastly (question was something about carrying the team)...he said something like - "I can get 30 points and 30 rebounds and 10 blocks and it doesn't matter if we don't win".

That was a telling comment for a few reasons. First - it told me that 30 points is his comfort level and he feels the other guys aren't performing up to snuff. Second - he feels the pressure of carrying the team. Third - he feels like he is on an island inside and has to basically do everything.

Before - I never thought we had a chance at getting D12 in a trade or as a free agent...now I'm beginning to wonder.:rolleyes:

The psychology of how he has scored has to really hurt him.

He came out with 46 in a loss.

33 in a win that he knows he got away with a lot of fouls.

23 in another loss.

The point is that his points are shrinking and his cast is doing nothing to help win games.

I don't think 30 is his comfort area. I think he realizes that regardless of what he scores, he won't win a game alone.

The problem is that none of these other guys can help.

Yep I really enjoyed the post-game presser with Dwight and he obviously wanted to talk trash about Zaza but he held his tongue.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2011/04/22/0041000133_orl_atl_postgame4.nba

There was more that they didn't show when Dwight started to talk trash about Zaza but then said something like "you know what I'm not going to talk bad about Zaza" or something like that.

• Like 1

This franchise has never in its history attracted a superstar free agent.

But with Dwight Howard there is a legit chance more than ever because he's the hometown kid, and Josh Smith is his hometown friend that he's had all the way back from AAU days.

I know it's way down the road but if we have a chance to get Dwight Howard, we have to do everything we can to make our personal push for him.

Bring DH12 to the ATL. Start the campaign now

His reaction was awesome. I don't like D12, but I wouldn't mind him coming to Atlanta. I know it wont happen though.