• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Zaza and J Rich both get suspended

Guest Squawker

Guest Squawker

Wouldn't you say the series is a lock? Our defense on Dwight obviously would be hurt but Twin and our supporting cast of Centers can continue to guard him the same way and we should be good. But i think J-rich Jameer and Dwight are the only thing holding the magic together right now and with him gone it will be even more of a miss match for Orlando vs Joe. I just hope Q. Rich doesn't explode in a starting role or Arenas for that matter. What do you guys think?

.... What do you guys think?

Honestly I'm concerned about losing Zaza...he has been more of the workhorse against Dwight. I have little confidence in JPow, Etan, or Hilton. We may have to put AL back at center and go smaller.

(excerpt from Seattletimes)

The Hawks led most of the game, but it came down to the wire and there was an altercation that led to the ejections of Pachulia and Orlando's Jason Richardson.

Both were thrown out with 2:22 remaining after getting into it under the basket. The teams swapped the lead four times after that near-brawl, with Al Horford putting the Hawks ahead for good with 46.6 seconds remaining.

Game 4 is Sunday. Pachulia and Richardson are likely to miss that one after the league hands down expected suspensions.

"In that situation, I'm never going to back down," said Pachulia, who had two long scratches on his right arm after a tough night tussling with Magic center Dwight Howard.

The Hawks got a free throw after the officials sorted things out, also calling a technical foul on Howard. But Crawford's attempt from the line rimmed out.

"At first, I was a little upset he missed the free throw," Pachulia said with a smile. "But I've forgotten about that free throw."

The physical game turned ugly when Howard, who is from Atlanta, drove the lane and was hammered by Pachulia.

Howard swung a forearm, Pachulia flung an elbow and Richardson charged toward Pachulia's face. As they jawed, Pachulia appeared to deliver at least one head butt to Richardson, who responded by slapping Pachulia in the jaw with his left hand.

Wouldn't you say the series is a lock?

A lock? No. We are up 2 games to 1, and nothing is a lock until one of us wins 4 games. Anything can happen. If anyone should know that, that would probably be Hawks fans. I'm just happy we're ahead in the series again and I am really looking forward to seeing the next step in the road coming up on Sunday night.

• Like 4

A lock? No. We are up 2 games to 1, and nothing is a lock until one of us wins 4 games. Anything can happen. If anyone should know that, that would probably be Hawks fans. I'm just happy we're ahead in the series again and I am really looking forward to seeing the next step in the road coming up on Sunday night.

Agreed Seano. Sunday's game is HUGE. A win Sunday would maintain homecourt advantage and provide ORL an opportunity to lay down. If they win Sunday we are back in the underdog spot.

But you make a great point - somebody has to win 4 - and until you get 4 it ain't over. :kickcan:

Zaza was mad Jamal missed the free throw. Lol. I knew Jamal would atone because he knows how important technical foul frees are, especially that late.

I'd take Losing Zaza for J-Rich 100 times out of 100. Zaza gives us great energy and toughness, but what J-Rich gives is much more tangible, like busting out unconsciously from three from the corner and in transition. His lack of good shot selection can sometimes look like a shooting exhibition if he's on, not to mention being a good defender on Joe, who ridiculousy allowed Reddick to shut him down at times. They will be short a scorer because I'm not even sure if Arenas is traveling with the team, while we have a busload of sorry bigs to hack Dwight.

Edited by benhillboy

• Admin

I think losing Zaza is bigger then them losing JRich. We need bigs to defend Howard and Zaza was MVP last night.

Armstrong is a waste of space and Powell is too small. I am not really excited about extended minutes of Thomas and Collins.

If Horford has to spend extended time against Howard it throws off the whole game plan and opens up for him to get in foul trouble.

I think losing Zaza is bigger then them losing JRich. We need bigs to defend Howard and Zaza was MVP last night.

Armstrong is a waste of space and Powell is too small. I am not really excited about extended minutes of Thomas and Collins.

If Horford has to spend extended time against Howard it throws off the whole game plan and opens up for him to get in foul trouble.

We aren't stopping Dwight Howard period no matter who we put on him in Game 4. The refs are going to let him get away with absolutely everything to try to prevent us from going up 3-1.

I think it's a huge advantage in our favor because the only way we've been in jeopardy of losing games is the players AROUND Dwight Howard. Without Richardson they are weaker around him.

I wouldn't call it a lock though, that's just an ignorant thing to say up only 2-1. But it definitely gives us a chance to put a strangehold on the series to force the Magic to win 3 straight games