• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deserves mention... JC's playing some D

sturt

• Premium Member

Setting aside all of the plaudits about Jamal's offense in this series, I have to say I saw the guy working hard on defense last night, perhaps like never before, or at least, more consistently than ever before.

He's been as dreadful as always on defense imho.

oh please Im so tired of this stuff . The haters make these blanket statements and then never can give credit where credit is due .

jamal has a couple of steals and a couple of blocks .

According to some of you

Jameer was gonna take him every time he guarded him

Jrich was gonna post him up everytime he guarded him

He couldnt follow Reddick around those screens so he couldnt

None of it has happened with any type of frequency if jamal has been just dreadful why cant they take advantage of him ? Hes playing 31 minutes per game and no one has been able to exploit his dreadful defense yet ?

Could it be that the entire defensive issue is just a wee bit exaggerated and that most teams will not abandon there entire philosophy in order to get a couple of baskets on jamals supposedly weak defense ?

If jamal is this supposed fountain of easy baskets they sure as heck arent drinking from him that often . whereas he sure as heck has jumped into the fountain against the Magics guards

• Premium Member

oh please Im so tired of this stuff . The haters make these blanket statements and then never can give credit where credit is due .

jamal has a couple of steals and a couple of blocks .

According to some of you

Jameer was gonna take him every time he guarded him

Jrich was gonna post him up everytime he guarded him

He couldnt follow Reddick around those screens so he couldnt

None of it has happened with any type of frequency if jamal has been just dreadful why cant they take advantage of him ? Hes playing 31 minutes per game and no one has been able to exploit his dreadful defense yet ?

Could it be that the entire defensive issue is just a wee bit exaggerated and that most teams will not abandon there entire philosophy in order to get a couple of baskets on jamals supposedly weak defense ?

If jamal is this supposed fountain of easy baskets they sure as heck arent drinking from him that often . whereas he sure as heck has jumped into the fountain against the Magics guards

Jameer Nelson has been having his way with him all damn series. I don't know what games you have been watching sir but in the fourth quarter we had to resort to putting Joe Johnson on Jameer so we could hide Jamal's non existent defense. Thankfully for us Turkoglu and Richardson can't make a shot to save their lives because when they ran the high pick and roll both Jamal and JJ would just get swallowed up by the screener and disappear completely from the play causing our defense to collapse on the drive and leaving the corner three open virtually all second half long. Jamal hasn't played a lick of defense during any of the 10 + years he has been in the league and he has been pretty damn bad overall this series on that end of the court. The way Crawford has played on offense this series the dude should be getting 40 minutes plus just like JJ and the rest of our "Big three", only reason that doesn't happen is because we need Hinrich guarding Neslon for a good portion of the game because Jamal and JJ can't guard the guy at all. You can call me a hater all you want but I'm just calling it like I see it, if it were up to me Jamal would be all nba on defense but that just isn't the case at all IMHO.

Jameer Nelson has been having his way with him all damn series. I don't know what games you have been watching sir but in the fourth quarter we had to resort to putting Joe Johnson on Jameer so we could hide Jamal's non existent defense. Thankfully for us Turkoglu and Richardson can't make a shot to save their lives because when they ran the high pick and roll both Jamal and JJ would just get swallowed up by the screener and disappear completely from the play causing our defense to collapse on the drive and leaving the corner three open virtually all second half long. Jamal hasn't played a lick of defense during any of the 10 + years he has been in the league and he has been pretty damn bad overall this series on that end of the court. The way Crawford has played on offense this series the dude should be getting 40 minutes plus just like JJ and the rest of our "Big three", only reason that doesn't happen is because we need Hinrich guarding Neslon for a good portion of the game because Jamal and JJ can't guard the guy at all. You can call me a hater all you want but I'm just calling it like I see it, if it were up to me Jamal would be all nba on defense but that just isn't the case at all IMHO.

jameer nelson ? What !!

Game one

Jameer

Gm 1 - 27 pts 1 assist 6 rebs 55% shooting

Gm 2 13 pts 2 assists 8 rebs 26% shooting

Gm 3 13 pts 10 assists 5 rebs 29 % shooting

38 minutes per game

17 ppg 4 apg 6 rpg on 38% shooting is somehow considered as having his way ?

Joe wasnt on jameer the entire 4th he was on him a couple of possessions as was jamal then Kirk came back in with 9 minutes left in the 4th and even the announcers talked about how the Kirk jamal backourt really got back control of the game. We havent had to hide jamal this series as hes been the second best player in the series .

If what you are saying is true then Reddick shouldve gotten 30 or Qrich or whoever jamal was guarding . If he doesnt play any defense then anyone he is on should be scoring and if jamal is not playing any defenses and none of these guys can crack 40% from the field then what kinda defense are they considered to be playing when hes averaging 23 ppg in 31 minutes off the bench on 44% shooting from the floor and 59% from three ?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

jameer nelson ? What !!

Game one

Jameer

Gm 1 - 27 pts 1 assist 6 rebs 55% shooting

Gm 2 13 pts 2 assists 8 rebs 26% shooting

Gm 3 13 pts 10 assists 5 rebs 29 % shooting

38 minutes per game

17 ppg 4 apg 6 rpg on 38% shooting is somehow considered as having his way ?

Joe wasnt on jameer the entire 4th he was on him a couple of possessions as was jamal then Kirk came back in with 9 minutes left in the 4th and even the announcers talked about how the Kirk jamal backourt really got back control of the game. We havent had to hide jamal this series as hes been the second best player in the series .

If what you are saying is true then Reddick shouldve gotten 30 or Qrich or whoever jamal was guarding . If he doesnt play any defense then anyone he is on should be scoring and if jamal is not playing any defenses and none of these guys can crack 40% from the field then what kinda defense are they considered to be playing when hes averaging 23 ppg in 31 minutes off the bench on 44% shooting from the floor and 59% from three ?

Redick and Q rich don't score 30 because they suck. Not because Crawford is playing lock down defense on them. When is the last time either of those guys has scored 30?? I'm not sure what you are proving by showing Jameer's stats since Hinrich guards him the majority of the time. If someone wants to look up how many points Jameer has scored on Crawford you would find that his scoring rate goes up massively when Crawford is on him.

Redick and Q rich don't score 30 because they suck. Not because Crawford is playing lock down defense on them. When is the last time either of those guys has scored 30?? I'm not sure what you are proving by showing Jameer's stats since Hinrich guards him the majority of the time. If someone wants to look up how many points Jameer has scored on Crawford you would find that his scoring rate goes up massively when Crawford is on him.

again you dont get it if someone doesnt play any defense it doesnt matter who is guarding them they can score . ....JJ Redick cant shoot ? roflmao

• Premium Member

again you dont get it if someone doesnt play any defense it doesnt matter who is guarding them they can score . ....JJ Redick cant shoot ? roflmao

Jamal Crawford is guarding Reddick and Quentin Richardson because he sucks at defense. He gets taken out in the most important defensive possession of the game because he sucks at defense. We make our 6-7 SG/SF chase around PG's because Jamal sucks at defense. You do know that Reddick and Richardson get their points off of Howard double teams right?, they have never in their careers been able to take anyone off of the dribble, so if your proof that Crawford is playing great defense in this series is that he has been shutting down two spot up shooters who aren't getting any plays called for them, then you have low standards. Larry Drew has been managing around Jamal's defensive shortcomings all series, that's why he took a hot Joe Johnson out of the game in the first half in favor of Crawford instead of leaving him in and sitting Hinrich. We can only get away with a JC + JJ backcourt for spurts at a time.