• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh SMith might have the worst shot selection in the NBA

MoBetta

i was checking on on the daily dime live chat as well during the game and it seems like nobody respects josh anymore at all. it was a joke on there everytime he put up a long jumper, people were questioning if there was anyone in the league who consistently put in as little effort as him. pretty rough.

• Premium Member

Josh Smith should be flying around the lane all game long. The fact he doesn't average 10 rebounds and 2 blocks a game is a travesty. But whatever, even a half-retarded self limiting Josh Smith is better than most PF's in the game, so as long as we are winning I guess we put up with this nonsense from him.

• Like 2

He seems to be taking it to the hole in the second half. My question is why does he keep ending up with the ball at the 3pt line.

Easy answer. Most of the game we are playing a 3 big set with Josh as the SF. With Collins in the game, you are rarely going to throw it to him in the post (see 2 out of 3 possessions at the end of the first half that resulted in the ball being fumbled out of bounds). This creates a 2 down low with only one option set. Whenever a guard penetrates, the SF has to float out for the bailout...same on being trapped in the corner.

He's the outlet in these situations by design. It's a piss poor design but not one entirely of his making.

The complaint you should make is why isn't he calling for it on the kick, salvation and starting his feet toward the lane as the pass is in the air. That is a better question and I don't have an answer.

Additionally, many of these sets are taking too long to develop. As is his position at the 3, he is supposed to take the reset pass, back it out, give it to the non trapped guard to reset for a different play. Because our initial plays are taking too long to set (ie...dribbling when the double comes) and his feet aren't moving toward the lane when he receives that pass, he's opting to take the jumper instead of one dribble and stepping inside 10 feet.

Edited by thecampster

He seems to be taking it to the hole in the second half. My question is why does he keep ending up with the ball at the 3pt line.

hmm lets see I'm guessing it has something to do with him starting at sf, the plays are usually designed to have him on the perimeter whether any of u fans like it or not ! He should be in the post more if/when we make it to the bulls series

Easy answer. Most of the game we are playing a 3 big set with Josh as the SF. With Collins in the game, you are rarely going to throw it to him in the post (see 2 out of 3 possessions at the end of the first half that resulted in the ball being fumbled out of bounds). This creates a 2 down low with only one option set. Whenever a guard penetrates, the SF has to float out for the bailout...same on being trapped in the corner.

He's the outlet in these situations by design. It's a piss poor design but not one entirely of his making.

The complaint you should make is why isn't he calling for it on the kick, salvation and starting his feet toward the lane as the pass is in the air. That is a better question and I don't have an answer.

Additionally, many of these sets are taking too long to develop. As is his position at the 3, he is supposed to take the reset pass, back it out, give it to the non trapped guard to reset for a different play. Because our initial plays are taking too long to set (ie...dribbling when the double comes) and his feet aren't moving toward the lane when he receives that pass, he's opting to take the jumper instead of one dribble and stepping inside 10 feet.

He called for it a few times where it looks like he was about to drive but 9 times out of 10 jamal or joe turns it over or jacks up a shot

J. Smith F 38:40 4-10 0-2 1-4 -3 1 9 10 5 5 0 2 2 0 9

A. Horford C-F 41:31 6-15 0-0 2-2 +5 1 11 12 4 3 1 1 1 1 14

J. Collins C 17:56 1-2 0-0 0-0 -2 1 3 4 0 5 0 1 0 0 2

J. Johnson G 33:17 6-15 1-4 7-8 +2 4 5 9 1 3 0 6 0 1 20

K. Hinrich G 41:31 6-11 2-3 0-0 -1 0 4 4 4 2 2 1 0 1 14

M. Williams 15:26 1-2 0-0 0-0 +10 0 1 1 0 1 2 1 0 0 2

J. Crawford 32:56 10-18 3-6 2-6 +5 0 3 3 6 1 0 1 1 0 25

J. Powell 10:54 1-2 0-0 0-0 +2 0 1 1 1 3 0 1 0 0 2

H. Armstrong 07:49 0-0 0-0 0-0 -3 0 0 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 0