• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta BIRDBRAINS?!?!

KrishATL

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-bianchi-magic-0427-20110426,0,7657264.column

I've read this chump's articles before, but think he took it way too far in this one: it's one thing to display homerism and root for your team no matter the odds, but to go out of your way and make remarks such as , "The Magic are going to win this series and the Birdbrains are going to fold up and collapse like a $5 lawn chair. You know it, I know it and deep down in the lonely recesses of their fragile minds, the Birdbrains know it, too."

Read the article. Be pissed. I sure am. And good to know, the Hawks are as well: it seems they have printed the article out and stuck it in the locker room.

I can't wait to close the Magic out...and shut up there writers and fans. what a bunch of imbeciles...

• Like 4

wow !! U would never see Michael Cunningham write an article like this, what a douche bag..

exactly. MC actually exhibits some class and a humble perspective at all times...I'm just glad our guys or someone in the front office took it to heart enough to paste it in the locker room for everyone to see....if this doesn't ignite their asses to play harder, i don't know what will. of course, we've heard that story before, bit i really do think they get their sh#t together and pull one out in ATL. We better...or else mindless fools like this writer will keep on barking till game 7.

• Like 1

You know, if the Hawks get blown away in the next two games, I will agree with this writer.

I don't expect that to happen. I didn't really expect us to get blown away in the last game,

but it happened, didn't it. It could happen again. It could happen 2 more times. Anything

is possible with this team.

If the Birds can't hit their shots. If they can't hold on to the ball. If they can't rebound. And,

if they continue their poor shooting from the free throw line, we've had it.

Last game, we could do nothing. We couldn't play defense. We couldn't rebound. We couldn't

hit shot after shot while the Magic were hitting shot after shot after shot with little resistance.

Yes, these Hawks are capable of winning this series. Now, honestly we must admit, they are

very capable of having two more games like the last one.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

• Like 1

Because now, for the first time in the recent history of their franchise, the Hawks are going to have to respond to pressure and expectations

Eh, we had to do that in Milwaukee last season. This guy just shows his ignorance.

Orlando sucks, thats all there is to it.

This is nothing to get upset about. the players have read it, they'll respond. Sadly, this is how they want it "them against the world"

As much as I want to believe this, I just can't. This team is so fickle, maybe we will respond or maybe we won't? Its just so unpredictable with this group.

• Premium Member

Orlando in 7. You dont let a team like that get any kind of confidence. I know you guys want to say "Oh they suck" but they dont. They were in shooting slump and we helped them out of it. They are a good team.

Oh look, the really pathetically disguised Orlando fan who's been trolling here. How's the weather in whatever hole you live in, troll?

Edited by niremetal

As much as I want to believe this, I just can't. This team is so fickle, maybe we will respond or maybe we won't? Its just so unpredictable with this group.

agreed. But now is the time for this team to put up or shut up with all this "confidence" they have against Orlando. With how great the crowd was in Games 3 and 4 I'm sure they'll be that much better in an elimination game and we know how much the Hawks feed off of them.

• Premium Member

As much as I hate his arrogance and blatant homerism, it's hard to argue with the thesis of his article:

No matter how much talent they have, the Hawks are still the Hawks. They are still Team Dummy. They will always do stupid things and take stupid shots. They will always lose their focus and their composure.

In this sentence, he has basically paraphrased every poster on this board but slathered with it finality.

No matter [that they have two All-Stars in Horford and Johnson, a blooming All-Star in Josh Smith, a quality PG, and the sixth man of the year], the Hawks are still the Hawks. They are still [very undisciplined on both ends of the floor]. [Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford] will always [try to do to much] and [Josh Smith] will always [be left wide open and] take stupid [long distance] shots. They will always [encounter adversity, take a good hit,] lose their focus, and their [confidence and then lay down].

I hope somebody reads this to our boys. But more imporantly, I hope they read it back to him after they win Game 6.

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 1

As much as I hate his arrogance and blatant homerism, it's hard to argue with the thesis of his article:

In this sentence, he has basically paraphrased every poster on this board but slathered with it finality.

I hope somebody reads this to our boys. But more imporantly, I hope they read it back to him after they win Game 6.

@ajchawks #Hawks players had printout of @BianchiWrites "Atlanta Birdbrains" column in lockers today.

• Moderators

wow !! U would never see Michael Cunningham write an article like this, what a douche bag..

Very true. If the Hawks don't get motivated by this then nothing in the media will motivate them.

Can you imagine how pissed MJ would have been if someone would have written this about him? Frightening.

The guy probably is an idiot, but the problem is that he just might be right. This has got to be one of the most inconsistant teams ever. Win by 4 or lose by 24. Hard to get a grasp on it. The only thing that keeps me semi optimistic is that in the Boston series a few years ago, I think we got blown out every away game, and came back to win at home.

• Like 1