• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My comments on SVG's comments.

Diesel

• Premium Member

To me, it really felt out of place. It was the unnecessary Jab to the kidneys that SVG kept hitting us with last night. No humility in losing. Yes, he took the blame for his team but he kept saying that " Those Atlanta guys are good when they are out front.... but if they're playing from behind they suck.".

SVG has called us frontrunners?

Then he talked as if his team was better than ours and that they could beat us.

The truth is that if he didn't have refs helping in game 2, it would have been a sweep. If Zaza was not suspend for game 5, we would have been more competitive and may have beaten them in 5. If Hinrich doesn't get hurt in the 4th, we cruise to a double digit win in game 6.

Why can't SVG just humbly give us our props!!!!!?

To call us front runners is to ignore the fact that everytime your team came back and tied up the game or got the game close or even took the lead, we took it back.

Fear the possum.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We are a better team, but he is right about us playing better with the lead and not so much when we get behind especially early in the game

I think the circumstances are just a bit skewed.

In game 2, they won with ref help.

IN game 5, they were On.. really on.

I don't think Ron has seen us behind enough to make that claim. If the only time you see us behind is when your team is dropping three pointers from anywhere in the freakin arena... sure you would think that we're front runners.

Game 2 is the most poorly officiated game I think I have ever watched in basketball this side of PTL LAL some years ago.

7 out of 10 times against Orlando we have been front running. So Ron wants to use that experience to talk about us?

The 1 game that run can honestly talk about us playing from beind was this one.

This game does not suggest "front runners". This game suggests that we were competitive even after being down double digits.

What did Ron say then??

"QUOTABLE II: "I know we're going to shoot the ball well at some point. I know these guys are not 0-for-5, 0-for-4, 0-for-3 guys on a nightly basis from three (point range). But if we're going to continue to fight that hard even when the shots aren't falling, then we have a chance to be really good."

-- Magic coach Stan Van Gundy"

Even then without Collins.. Orlando's 3 pt shooting was 18.2%.

If they shoot terribly for 7 of the games we played them this season at one point does he say the hawks defense worked against the Magic. They weren't cold they were just being stopped. I know everyone wants to say blah blah they were cold, but sorry the hawks defense just shut them down.

• Premium Member

If they shoot terribly for 7 of the games we played them this season at one point does he say the hawks defense worked against the Magic. They weren't cold they were just being stopped. I know everyone wants to say blah blah they were cold, but sorry the hawks defense just shut them down.

Honestly, i think they only shot well from three in 1 game against us this season!!!

Game 5.

In game 2, they shot 21% from three.

In their other win, they shot 18.7% from three.

I don't think his comments were disrespectful to the Hawks.

When he was talking about how the Hawks have a difficult time coming from behind, he was telling the truth. He said that he didn't know why this was and basically chided himself for not getting the Magic in a position where they were ahead.

When he said that they should have won the series, he talking about how he had the talent on his team to win but didn't coach them well enough to do it.

He fell on his sword multiple times during that interview. Not sure what else you want from him....

• Premium Member

I don't think his comments were disrespectful to the Hawks.

When he was talking about how the Hawks have a difficult time coming from behind, he was telling the truth. He said that he didn't know why this was and basically chided himself for not getting the Magic in a position where they were ahead.

When he said that they should have won the series, he talking about how he had the talent on his team to win but didn't coach them well enough to do it.

He fell on his sword multiple times during that interview. Not sure what else you want from him....

I see the humility he has for his team and him falling on the sword...BUT his recognition of us is that we beat them by luck...

even when he gives LD credit, it's credit with a but behind it.

My point is this. Look Ron, we have beaten your team 7 out of 10 times this season. Even your brother knows that we have more talent than your team has. Your team and the media provided us with enough motivation to play up to our potential. Instead of talking about us like we're the freakin lottery winner, give us our respect and move on. NO BUTS.

To me, it really felt out of place. It was the unnecessary Jab to the kidneys that SVG kept hitting us with last night. No humility in losing. Yes, he took the blame for his team but he kept saying that " Those Atlanta guys are good when they are out front.... but if they're playing from behind they suck.".

SVG has called us frontrunners?

Then he talked as if his team was better than ours and that they could beat us.

The truth is that if he didn't have refs helping in game 2, it would have been a sweep. If Zaza was not suspend for game 5, we would have been more competitive and may have beaten them in 5. If Hinrich doesn't get hurt in the 4th, we cruise to a double digit win in game 6.

Why can't SVG just humbly give us our props!!!!!?

To call us front runners is to ignore the fact that everytime your team came back and tied up the game or got the game close or even took the lead, we took it back.

Fear the possum.

Zaza was not suspended in game 5 and probably won't make any difference. He was suspended in game 4 and the Hawks won anyway.

• Premium Member

I agree with SVG, and I don't know how anyone argues to the contrary... we all know there have been times this season in particular when the team seems to have just given up and tried to reserve their energy for the next game... so, it's a legitimate goal to do just that--beat us down in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarter, because there's a chance that if we get down far enough, we'll psychologically check-out and just play out the string.