• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kurt Hinrich doubtful for the entire series vs. Bulls

Wurider05

Why does everyone think that Derrick Rose is some kind of God, is it because he is an athletic guard who plays for the Bulls??? We can use his ego to our advantage, if ya'll have noticed, Rose isn't the best with making decisions, he averages way too many turnovers. If we just pressure him or trap him we can win, we have to use his advantage as an iso player to our advantage, just like teams trap JJ all the time.

exactly if our entire plan was based around one guy defending him we are dead before it starts .

Assuming LD has the brains to start Teague (and really, what choice does he have?), I think we'll be fine. You don't need a rhythm to move your feet on defense and play your *ss off. That's all we need from JT0 this series. We don't need Teague to run a picturesque offense or be an Avery Johnson type floor leader. Teague's job just became Collins' job against Dwight: Don't worry about your offensive production, just try your damndest to make the opposing team's superstar work for everything he has, and don't turn the ball over.

I honestly have faith that he'll do that. No really. Teague will see this opportunity for what it is: His chance to prove on the biggest stage in basketball that he can play with the big boys. I think in this case, our triple-headed captaincy actually will work to our advantage. How many stories have we seen that mention how JJ and Josh have been pumping him up? This is maybe the one and only aspect of being a team captain that those guys seem to have gotten right.

Looking at it optimistically, having Teague on Rose for 20mpg, Damien on him for 12-15, Jamal for 6-8, and Joe for 8-10, maybe we can keep him just off-balance enough to keep him from going crazy and give us a chance to shock the world.

Here's the problem though, because Jeff Teague is a complete "nobody" as far as the respect he would get from the officials, he could play just as good of defense as Hinrich and it wouldn't matter because of all the horrible ticky tack fouls they would call on him driving to guard Rose

Rose is the MVP, Jeff Teague is a "nobody" by comparison. So the league's absurdly star biased officials wouldn't even let Teague breathe on Rose the wrong way

This is horrible news for us. We might as well just treat Derrick Rose like Dwight HOward and let him just get monstrous numbers and play everyone else straight up.

I applaud those who are still optimistic. My eyes got a little watery. I'm tipsy right now. I'm sure Derrick is throwing a party. He's gonna go atom bomb on us.

On a side note, I know it goes in Around the League, but I hope Al was watching and DVRing Z-Bo this series. His undersized, and underathletic post play took me back to a more rugged, but beautiful time of extremely tough, yet highly technical post positioning, catching, and finishing at all costs. I got excited watching him spin, duck, leverage, and power his way to operate on his own terms on the block, IN CRUNCH TIME.

Back to my team, everyone needs to play that much harder now that Kirk is gone. F$&k.

Let's go still, but damn. Bartender!!! 3 more.

we have so many options defensively against rose is not even funny . Hes not what Im worried about what Im worried about is the hawks fans so quick to want to jump back to the same lineup thats played out and that we know has run its course .

Al,JJ,Josh,Marvin as 4/5 th of a starting unit should be over . It hasnt been effective in over a year and its time to move on .

Once you factor in the fact that we are playing a team whose coach has seen and planned for that quartet in the playoffs ....THIBS !!

If we trot out the same stuff weve done the past two years we are gonna get pounded .

This is why Im in favor of starting Zaza and even Craw because it throws a wrench into things and forced him to have to defer from his Bostons notes

Even if we just started Zaza that would be a huge difference

Zaza-Noah

Al-Boozer

Josh-Deng

With the struggles of Boozer and his injury why would willingly put someone on him (Josh) who knowingly take himself out of the series by standing on the perimeter shooting jumpsuits against a slow footed injured PF ?

Id go zone heck at this rate you would Zaza,Al,Josh ,Joe ,jamal in a zone in a huge zone at times and use our size and length to our advantages .

We are in it as long as we are proactive not reactive

Why does everyone think that Derrick Rose is some kind of God, is it because he is an athletic guard who plays for the Bulls??? We can use his ego to our advantage, if ya'll have noticed, Rose isn't the best with making decisions, he averages way too many turnovers. If we just pressure him or trap him we can win, we have to use his advantage as an iso player to our advantage, just like teams trap JJ all the time.

I never heard anyone say Rose was overrated this year. I think he slightly surpassed even his expectations. His impact on the game is monsterous. High turnovers and questionable facilitation at times, granted. His much improved 3 ball sweeps all of that under the rug. They just have too many advantages as far as consistency over us: getting loose balls, helping, ball movement. Of course they aren't a great team and will not win the Championship, but they play exactly the right way most if the time, which is way more than I can say for my guys. And I am not a proponent of Jeffrey at all. He could give us a spark of 2 blocks, 8 points, and 2 assists in 5 perfect minutes at +10, which is much less likely than 2 fouls, 2 points, and two turnovers in 5 with a -10 effect. We've seen in 4 games this year, it takes a Herculean Effort to overcome a couple of their runs. Its hard enough overcoming Josh putting us in a hole, and he's a grizzled vet. Teague is just not ready for Second Round action. If he couldnt get in against Jameer, it's impossible to match him against someone who does absolutely everything better than Jameer except draw cheap jumpshot fouls.

Edited by benhillboy

I never heard anyone say Rose was overrated this year. I think he slightly surpassed even his expectations. His impact on the game is monsterous. High turnovers and questionable facilitation at times, granted. His much improved 3 ball sweeps all of that under the rug. They just have too many advantages as far as consistency over us: getting loose balls, helping, ball movement. Of course they aren't a great team and will not win the Championship, but they play exactly the right way most if the time, which is way more than I can say for my guys. And I am not a proponent of Jeffrey at all. He could give us a spark of 2 blocks, 8 points, and 2 assists in 5 perfect minutes at +10, which is much less likely than 2 fouls, 2 points, and two turnovers in 5 with a -10 effect. We've seen in 4 games this year, it takes a Herculean Effort to overcome a couple of their runs. Its hard enough overcoming Josh putting us in a hole, and he's a grizzled vet. Teague is just not ready for Second Round action. If he couldnt get in against Jameer, it's impossible to match him against someone who does absolutely everything better than Jameer except draw cheap jumpshot fouls.

Rose's fg % has been horrible in this playoffs especially his 3 pt %, the way that he is doing his main damage is by getting to the freethrow line. If we can somehow find a way to just force him to shoot jumpers all game, I like our chances of winning.

This is bad because it weakens our bench from an offensive standpoint. Jeff Teague is an offensive liability at this point. I'm not worried about defense. Because we need to be playing Derrick Rose straight up anyway and let him get his 27-30 PPG on 50+ FG%. Who cares. We didn't lose to Orlando when Dwight was scoring 60% from the field and almost 70% on true shooting percentage.

I'm not scared of Bulls offense. It's their defense that we need to exploit and without Hinrich that takes away another 3 point shooter we have

Teague can't shoot 3s for anything right now

Rose's fg % has been horrible in this playoffs especially his 3 pt %, the way that he is doing his main damage is by getting to the freethrow line. If we can somehow find a way to just force him to shoot jumpers all game, I like our chances of winning.

I think Jeff Teague should play 10 feet away from him and dare him to shoot. And we should not give any help whatsoever. It sounds so crazy but what people are faiiling to realize especially the people bashing the Hawks saying they have no chance to stop Derrick Rose, we don't have to.

He could put up Michael Jordan numbers. As long as we don't let anyone on any given day play like Scottie Pippen we have a chance

I think Jeff Teague should play 10 feet away from him and dare him to shoot. And we should not give any help whatsoever. It sounds so crazy but what people are faiiling to realize especially the people bashing the Hawks saying they have no chance to stop Derrick Rose, we don't have to.

He could put up Michael Jordan numbers. As long as we don't let anyone on any given day play like Scottie Pippen we have a chance

Cant play Rose like Dwight because they dont play the same type of game . You knew Dwight would be within 5 feet of the basket at all times but would also need someone to get him the ball. Rose will have the ball most of teh time hes in the game and be all over the floor .

You want him to take those threes but you also have to mix it up and you want Bogans shooting and you want Boozer whose been horrible and injured to have to make a play . The more we make Rose work and the more pressure it is to force everyone else to have to consistently step up the better it is for us as the series goes on .

The key is to get ahead thats why if you want to spring a surprise you do it in game one just like against the Magic because once you get behind those shots that you used to launch so carefree become harder and harder to take . We get ahead and Rose will try and play hero the next few games and it will play right into our hands just like the magic

the Pacers had them but they had no one else besides Granger who could really score

I was thinking the same thing watching Z-bo in their series. That's old school hard nosed playing. No finesse. No shooting 3 pointer. People on here laughed at me when I said I would rather have Z-Bo at PF than Josh Smith. You don't see that kind of rugged play anyone. The league is mostly a bunch of pretty boys who are afraid of contact. Mark Gasol is rugged too. It's funny how much better they got after Rudy Gay got hurt. Makes you wonder..........................

Agree. I believe that Marc Gasol is a FA this summer too, though I have no idea whether he is restricted or what exactly the deal is with that. I'd fricken LOVE to get that guy though.

Agree. I believe that Marc Gasol is a FA this summer too, though I have no idea whether he is restricted or what exactly the deal is with that. I'd fricken LOVE to get that guy though.

I want the front office to pour all of their efforts into getting a True Big. Not only for us, but to prevent Miami, Indy, Philly, and N.Y. from scoring him, whoever he is (all arguably better free agent destinations). If the Lakers take it this year, I'll have a hard time believing they'll give Dwight a blank check when Bynum is so much cheaper and helped them to 3 titles, one over Dwight. They'll need a guard for the future, if Kobe ever hangs em up, because their depth there is horrendous. We'll be in play. There was a nice article posted a few weeks back saying the Pacers wanted Z-Bo in the offseason. The rest of the East is happy he's staying put, because the bottom of that race would be reshuffled, and the Pacers would be above it. I'm all for Marc Gasol. Let the push begin. The league saw what we did to the most dominant Big with a platoon of scrubs. The name of the game for us in the future is division titles. The only way we can achieve that is having Miami's biggest weakness be a strength for us. A healthy Al next to Gasol would definitely achieve that. Dwight next to Al? They'll be selling East Finals tickets in January.

Edited by benhillboy

Cant play Rose like Dwight because they dont play the same type of game . You knew Dwight would be within 5 feet of the basket at all times but would also need someone to get him the ball. Rose will have the ball most of teh time hes in the game and be all over the floor .

You want him to take those threes but you also have to mix it up and you want Bogans shooting and you want Boozer whose been horrible and injured to have to make a play . The more we make Rose work and the more pressure it is to force everyone else to have to consistently step up the better it is for us as the series goes on .

The key is to get ahead thats why if you want to spring a surprise you do it in game one just like against the Magic because once you get behind those shots that you used to launch so carefree become harder and harder to take . We get ahead and Rose will try and play hero the next few games and it will play right into our hands just like the magic

the Pacers had them but they had no one else besides Granger who could really score

WHY NOT?

People say because Dwight plays 5 feet from the basket. WHo cares if Derrick Rose is 30 feet from the basket? Make Jeff Teague shadow him all around the court. No switching on any pick and rolls. And go underneath every single one of them.

When he penetrates, stay on your man. Make him score.

I don't know why psychologically people think it would be worse for him to score at will than it would Dwight when Dwight scoring at will is actually more dangerous because he was doing so shooting 60% from the FIELD and 67% True Shooting Percentage!

Even if Rose is a far better FT shooter, there is no way he has a 67% true shooting percentage vs us even if we leave him WIDE OPEN

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

WHY NOT?

People say because Dwight plays 5 feet from the basket. WHo cares if Derrick Rose is 30 feet from the basket? Make Jeff Teague shadow him all around the court. No switching on any pick and rolls. And go underneath every single one of them.

When he penetrates, stay on your man. Make him score.

I don't know why psychologically people think it would be worse for him to score at will than it would Dwight when Dwight scoring at will is actually more dangerous because he was doing so shooting 60% from the FIELD and 67% True Shooting Percentage!

Even if Rose is a far better FT shooter, there is no way he has a 67% true shooting percentage vs us even if we leave him WIDE OPEN

You dont seem to understand what was going on .

We were not allowing Dwight to score at will we simply didnt help because there entire offense was based on people helping on Dwight which in turn freed up there deadly three point shooting .

We had someone between Dwight and the basket pretty much at all times if he managed to get by them he scored .

To suggest that we simply dont help on Derrick Rose because he wont make all the layups is crazy

We didnt want the magic three point shooters to get clean open looks but against the Bulls we want anyone else on that team, shooting besides Rose .

THEY ARE NOT A GOOD OFFENSIVE TEAM so why would you want there best scorer to roam free .

Teague better put a call to his fellow draft mates AJ Price and Darren Collison to see if he can lift some pointers. Beyond that I feel that we'll miss Kirkland's shooting and toughness more than anything else. We pretty much have to start Marvin now because a Teague and JaCo/Zaza lineup will be 3 on 5 on offense.

Just make sure JJ plays the point offensively & Teague defensively. JJ should forget about Bogans & help Teague with Rose. Al & Josh must clog the lane. This will prevent Rose to drive, forcing him to pass or take a contested shot, which in a perfect world will miss most of the time & Josh & Al will be already in good position for offensive rebounds. Teague out, Wilkins in.No way in hell you single cover Rose without Kirk.

I was thinking the same thing watching Z-bo in their series. That's old school hard nosed playing. No finesse. No shooting 3 pointer. People on here laughed at me when I said I would rather have Z-Bo at PF than Josh Smith. You don't see that kind of rugged play anyone. The league is mostly a bunch of pretty boys who are afraid of contact. Mark Gasol is rugged too. It's funny how much better they got after Rudy Gay got hurt. Makes you wonder..........................

it wasn't so sure back then right? we already took a chance on jamal couple years ago. it did work out fine, at least most of the time but z-bo and jamal was basically the same type of player.

now on teague. it's good thing because we'll about to find out if teague a player or not. if he is, good. if not, then we need to look for another point guard either a backup for hinrich or a starter for the future.

I think they just confirmed his absence for the whole series. Well, he can get his feet wet with some coaching experience because we just lost arguably our smartest player. Not looking forward to Teague logging 25+ minutes at all. Nancy Kerrigan voice: "Whyyyyyy!!! Whyyyyy!!!"

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

I want the front office to pour all of their efforts into getting a True Big. Not only for us, but to prevent Miami, Indy, Philly, and N.Y. from scoring him, whoever he is (all arguably better free agent destinations). If the Lakers take it this year, I'll have a hard time believing they'll give Dwight a blank check when Bynum is so much cheaper and helped them to 3 titles, one over Dwight. They'll need a guard for the future, if Kobe ever hangs em up, because their depth there is horrendous. We'll be in play. There was a nice article posted a few weeks back saying the Pacers wanted Z-Bo in the offseason. The rest of the East is happy he's staying put, because the bottom of that race would be reshuffled, and the Pacers would be above it. I'm all for Marc Gasol. Let the push begin. The league saw what we did to the most dominant Big with a platoon of scrubs. The name of the game for us in the future is division titles. The only way we can achieve that is having Miami's biggest weakness be a strength for us. A healthy Al next to Gasol would definitely achieve that. Dwight next to Al? They'll be selling East Finals tickets in January.

I agree. I'm not sure about Marc Gasol, because I have NO idea how much he might be getting or if he's restricted or an unrestricted FA, but I believe that getting a quality big like that is probably doable for us- and you're right about the Heat. If we were to get a stud big man along with a top-notch bench going at least 3-4 deep, we'd be able to exploit their biggest weaknesses.

You dont seem to understand what was going on .

We were not allowing Dwight to score at will we simply didnt help because there entire offense was based on people helping on Dwight which in turn freed up there deadly three point shooting .

We had someone between Dwight and the basket pretty much at all times if he managed to get by them he scored .

To suggest that we simply dont help on Derrick Rose because he wont make all the layups is crazy

We didnt want the magic three point shooters to get clean open looks but against the Bulls we want anyone else on that team, shooting besides Rose .

THEY ARE NOT A GOOD OFFENSIVE TEAM so why would you want there best scorer to roam free .

Dwight Howard is the Magic's best scorer. So I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Dwight Howard averaged 22.9 PPG in the regular season. Derrick Rose averaged 25 PPG. They both were #1 option offensively on their respective squads. It's the other 60+ points of offense that you stop on low percentage shooting to win the game

And the 25+ from Rose wouldn't be nearly as efficient as what you got from Howard. If you think Rose can score 60% from the field on Jeff Teague then you are being deliberately obtuse