• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Major Changes will be Made

frankthetank966

The Hawks snuck by the Bulls the first game of the series due to incredibly high shooting percentages by JJ and Jamal. The Bulls did not come out strong and figured to blow out the Hawks. However, the Hawks proved them wrong. Since the final second of Game 1 it hasn't been much of a series. The Bulls have out-worked on offensively and defensively. They are earning far too many offensive rebounds and going after all the loose balls. It's clear there are major changes that need to be made.

I've support J Smoove most of his career but he is killing us in the series. He is too stubborn and continues to take outside shots. It's time for him to go, the Hawks must trade him after this year. Additionally, Marvin needs to be moved for a 2nd round draft pick. He brings no value to this team and is more harmful to our team than he is helpful. He is inconsistent and has been given endless chances to prove himself in Atlanta.

Joe Johnson will stay. The Hawks have no chance of trading him due to his outrageous contract. Teague has proven himself that he can be the starting PG opening day for this team next year. Keep Kurt, as a backup. Jamal needs to stay or we will loose a major scoring threat. We need to add a true center and shift Horford over to PF. He cannot keep up with the big boys at the end of the season. He is overplaying his position and near the end of the past few seasons he seems to be worn out.

Drew, will not go anywhere. He has done something Woody wasn't able to. He won a second round game and that will prove job security. Plus, too be honest, he deserves another chance as Head Coach since he has done a good job in the playoffs. You cannot blame the coach for the performance, it is clearly the players who are trying to be individuals and refuse to listen (i.e. Smoove/Marvin). We have a few good players, and with the right moves this off-season we can be right back in the hunt.

• Like 1

....so not ready to talk about the off season yet.

Well based off the past two games, I am.. I was extremely let down tonight. Lack of team effort, lack of hustle, lack of heart. We should not be out rebounded on the offensive board by Taj Gibson when we have Smoove/Zaza/Horford.

• Premium Member

Before the post season, I shut my negative talk down and put my fan cap on. I'm not taking it off until the series is over. I'm a bit confused right now though.... DRose exploding for a jillion points doesn't bother me or surprise me. I'm just not entirely sure that we suck that bad on the glass. Is this a matter of Chicago being THAT much more talented on defense and on the glass? They are at the top of the league in that regard. Or are our guys just that heartless....?

Where is the chest pumping Al? Where is all that athleticism that's supposed to keep us on the boards? Where is the sense of urgency? Why can't guys hit wide open shots? Why did it take LD so long to get Teague some meaningful minutes? Seriously, guy has done nothing but produce in this series. He didn't just learn how to play last week and he's been consistent enough where we can ask that question.

I will take the fan cap off after game 4...if we get pushed around like little girls again.

For the record though...I pretty much said the same thing weeks before the playoffs. And I'd +1 you if I wasn't afraid of adding more bad mojo to this team. sorry.gif

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 2

Keep Teague and everyone else including Al should be on the block. We should not resign Jamal he is already 30 something, I would rather have JR Smith or some other young gunner to gun away.

you really want some1 as inconsistent as jr smith on this team??? we dont need anymore hard headed chuckers on this team

Well based off the past two games, I am.. I was extremely let down tonight. Lack of team effort, lack of hustle, lack of heart. We should not be out rebounded on the offensive board by Taj Gibson when we have Smoove/Zaza/Horford.

Smoove and Marvin should be the first to go. These guys have peaked as NBA players and it is time to upgrade the small forward position along with finding an athletic center who can play defense (i.e. DeAndre Jordan-Clippers?)

In the mid-1990's the Hawks were able to acquire a player like Dikembe, maybe the Hawks can get lucky...

The profile of this team has to change, and it begins with Smoove and Marvin Williams.

We're not smaller, but we are definitely softer...

Maybe not smaller in statue, just smaller every where else.

Hawks have looked like boys playing against men. We apparently have no answer.

Bulls have been bullies, all of them. And, we have let them do it. Where is the heart?

Where is the intensity?

Bring on the Dream. At least they will fight you for what they want.

:banghead:

Chicago has been physical for years. We have been finesse for years. Nothing new here.

Maybe not smaller in statue, just smaller every where else.

Actually fairly small in stature too for an NBA team. When we use the small lineup we go © AL 6-9 1/2, (PF) Smoove 6-8, (SF) Marvin 6-9 (who hasn't been playing like he's that big). That's more of a Conference USA size front line than an NBA frontline.

Add to that the fact that none of our inside guys have very good 'go to' post moves and one can certainly understand TTs strategy. Hopefully LD will go big in game four.

Keep Teague and everyone else including Al should be on the block. We should not resign Jamal he is already 30 something, I would rather have JR Smith or some other young gunner to gun away.

I think Al should also become available if the right move is there. However, the reason I support Al is because he has been put into a tough position the past few years, by not playing his true position. Al is a good Center, but would be an even better PF. He would get more points and some more assists. He is arguably the best passer for a big man in the league. By being undersized, he is limited to the points he can tally in a game. Teague DESERVES a chance to start at PG next year. We don't need to go out and look for one. Nobody will touch JJ's contract.

Chicago has been physical for years. We have been finesse for years. Nothing new here.

True that. The only physical player is Zaza.