• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IS LD the coach of the future.

Diesel

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

It's interesting.

Adleman is out there.

with a whole lot of other guys who have done this before.

However, listening to the wired conversations, LD makes a lot of sense.

Looking at JTeague, somebody did something right?

Is it that the players are just ruined and won't listen to anybody and need to be traded..

or

Is the coaching not strong enough.

Does a 2nd round win guarantee his job?

I voted Adleman, but I know there is no way we will go after him. LD can be the coach of the future, the problem right now is he has guy that will not listen to him because he was Assistant coach for so long. I think for him to have respect we have to trade the biggest offender of not listening (smoove). Possibly package Horf and Smoove to get a decent PF C combo that will listen, and run Drews offense correctly. I really think Drew can be an effective coach, we just need to shake things up a bit.

I'm almost certain he'll be here next season, with a drastically different group.

I agree. For his sake, he deserves it. I don't really like the guy, but he did beat Orlando which Woody was unable to do. Orlando was in the finals just 2 years ago. Also, he won a game in the second round another thing Woody never accomplished. Give the guy a 2nd year with some new blood.

LD seems to be a great coach for a team of hard working professionals. Therefore, it's the players that need to go before him. I don't know if any coach can coach heart. When the players are all grown-ups signed to million dollar contracts, It's not gonna be like the Mighty Ducks or Remember the Titans for even the best coach in the world.

...Is it that the players are just ruined and won't listen to anybody and need to be traded..

or

Is the coaching not strong enough...

It's a tough call IMO....One could certainly argue the point both ways.

Let's take the timeout 49 seconds into last night's game as an example. One could certainly argue that doing that just showed he didn't have his team properly prepared. To feel he had to call time that quickly also had to give TT and the Bulls more confidence (if they even needed it).

OTOH it was a gutsy move and at least he made the call early - before things got out of hand. Our team actually seemed to respond to it...at least for the first quarter. I don't think Woody would have done that. So props for at least doing SOMETHING.

Of course, just being "better than Woody" doesn't necessarily mean he should be our coach of the future.

I tend to lean towards keeping him for now, even though I think he got outcoached a bit last night. I think we have to put the majority of the blame for last night's debacle on the players - and Kirk's injury. We weren't likely going to win anyway with Rose going for 44 points - and to be honest - had we kept the game close, he probably would have gone for 50+.

...When the players are all grown-ups signed to million dollar contracts...

Well I agree with half that statement...the million dollar contract part :kickcan:

I don't think he has earned his keeps. He lost 9 games more than Woody with the same team Woody had a year before. He has simply won 1 more game in a single playoff season than Woody ever has won and that's it as far as positives.

Positives: Won one more playoff games than Woody in any single season

Negatives: Cost us 2 1st rd picks and cap space by not playing Teague when he consistently lies like he has faith in him

Also led a team that lost way too many games in the regular season for there talent level, 2 supposed All-stars

Allowed Josh to do what he wants when Woody had realed in Josh to some extinct with those 3's atleast

Arguably turned Al into a jumpshooting machine

I can't see where he has earned his keeps. Give me Doc Rivers as GM/Coach

• Premium Member

I don't think he has earned his keeps. He lost 9 games more than Woody with the same team Woody had a year before. He has simply won 1 more game in a single playoff season than Woody ever has won and that's it as far as positives.

Positives: Won one more playoff games than Woody in any single season

Negatives: Cost us 2 1st rd picks and cap space by not playing Teague when he consistently lies like he has faith in him

Also led a team that lost way too many games in the regular season for there talent level, 2 supposed All-stars

Allowed Josh to do what he wants when Woody had realed in Josh to some extinct with those 3's atleast

Arguably turned Al into a jumpshooting machine

I can't see where he has earned his keeps. Give me Doc Rivers as GM/Coach

TPI,

I hadn't really disagreed with you until now.

I think we found that pushing our guys in the regular season doesn't mean crap.

Look at the quality of wins thus far...

LD beat Orlando in 6.

LD has won 1 game vs. the best team in basketball.

Woody took 7 to get out of every first round (even Milwaukee with no Bogut).

Woody was swept embarrassingly for the last 2 seasons.

I too would like to see more reign on Smoove but maybe that's not a possibility.