• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stat of the night

Supporter

• Premium Member

Not this IS something I will jump up and say TOLJASO TOLJASO! lol Seriously though, the Bulls have a phenomenal player. Rose is just downright scary... But this team wins because they play like maniacs. I don't know if they're all trippin' on acid or what, but they rebound the ball like barbarians...and they don't take a play off. They play so hard...I WISH we had that kind of energy and commitment. They play smothering defense, they crash the glass, and they swallow up every lose ball.

....and then they give it to Rose.

We can't sit around worried about Rose. He is going to get his. We have to focus on these other guys that aren't so good and keep them off the glass (and off the loose balls). On another point, there is absolutely no room for carelessness. Like Taj just taking the ball from Crawford at halfcourt. Those kinds of plays are costly in the playoffs and especially against this team.

The Bulls play with a phsyicality that no other team does. It really does look like they are juiced up on something. The refs let them mug people most of the time.

Hawks just have to have that same mentality. They did it tonight. I saw a different level of intensity tonight right from the tip.

• Moderators

No prob, Supp, you're right on it! This team can trounce the Bulls on the boards and pull off this series if they can stay focused for all 48. They've got to continue to help each other on the glass (not just the centers and Smoove). Boozer and Noah and Taj can become not much more than slightly nuanced spectators the rest of the way if we keep a body on them. When DRose settles for wild shots and jumpers, box out!

~lw3

• Premium Member

This can be the "Stat du nuit" thread. LW3 can take care of "du jour" tomorrow.

(h/t to Google Translate)

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1