• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 out 3 from Philly

frosgrim

A very nice weekend series from the Braves. Even the one loss wasn't awful, we just couldn't get any consistent hitting.

The Braves starting pitching is looking amazing right now. They are really dealing. The offense seems to be coming around, but we still need Uggla to get it going.

I feel like that was the first ESPN Sunday night game we've won in a loooooong time. We always seem to blow it in those games. I remember last year, Lowe had the Phils beat (against Halladay) until he gave up a ridiculous homer to Ross Gload in the 7th after walking a guy. We lost 2-1, I think.

I think the Braves are the best team in baseball right now, even with their horrid offense. As anybody knows who reads my posts on baseball, I look at run differential or better yet run-ratio, rather than record this early in the season, since record at this point is a lousy predictor of future performance. If the offense picks up and the pitching continues, we'll be in first place by mid-June.

I feel like we always loose the Saturday Fox games. I know that can't be true, but man it seems like every time we have that Fox game we loose.

I agree with your run-ratio analysis. It makes sense given how baseball is such a game of streaks.

Now that it is 90 in Atlanta, i really expect to see Uggla start bopping. Over this home stand, I think we'll see a lot more of the guy that we thought we were trading for. Maybe 2-3 HR and 6-7 RBI over the next 8 games.