• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumored real trade from Hoopsworld.....

Admin

actually I am just passing this along from pja123 on RealGM, whomever he/she is.........what do u guys think?.....

In reply to:

found this on HoopsWorld.com:

"One of the rumors going around is that the Hawks could be interested in Hardaway. However, the Hawks do not have much to offer beyond the future salary cap space that Phoenix desires. The Hawks could ship Alan Henderson and Chris Crawford. Crawford basically comes with a coupon and Henderson would most likely leave after this season, thus freeing up substantial salary cap space. Bottom line, this is going to be an interesting summer."

Here is a deal that works under the salary cap:

Hawks get:

Penny Hardaway

Suns get:

Henderson

Chris Crawford

Emanuel Davis

I believe this would be a good deal for both teams.

-It has been rumored that DerMarr Johnson has added an extra 15 pounds to his frame and might be ready to handle the SF spot fulltime. This would allow the Hawks to make a move a versatile 2G like Hardaway. Penny would be the perfect player to go alongside Jason Terry in the backcourt. Penny can handle the ball and run the offense so Terry can focus more on scoring.

-Phoenix already has their 2G of the future in Joe Johnson. They are looking for players with shorter contracts in return for Hardaway. They get that. Hardaway has 4 years left on his contract. Henderson and Crawford both have 3 years left and E-Davis has an expiring contract. Look for Tom Gugliotta or Bo Outlaw to be dealt if this deal goes down.

Sure why not???We aren't giving up anything but contracts.Hendu

does want to be here,Crawford is someone we want to get rid of.

Sounds go to me.

• Premium Member

I don't know how "real" this deal is....

Mainly because the math is bad.

Penny is making about 12-14 million this yr.

Hendu + CC + Davis only gets you ....well, it does get you about 10.

CC + Hendu = 9. + Davis= 10 +.

A trade of unwanteds.. I love it.

Mathwise though...

Maybe their talking:

Hendu/CC/Toni for Penny/Outlaw.

I'd still consider it.

Why not take a flyer on a has been injury case that is a shell of a player that he used to be?

Because he is getting paid 12,375,000, $13,500,000, $14,625,000, and $15,750,000 over the duration of his contract.

It continues to amaze me that the "rumor mill" still wants to spin everyone else's dead weight over to the ATL.

BTW, I love the "rumored" bit on DerMarr's weight gain....Think they have been reading the Squawk or RealGM at all? It's not rumor, boys....He's getting stronger....