• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We lost this game because we can't match Chicago's bench

CBAreject

We can't play our guys for 48 minutes and expect to match the Bulls in the 4th quarter, who can do a wholesale substitution and not miss a beat. We played awfully well and ran out of gas in the 4th.

That aside, I really don't want to see Joe as the primary ball handler on offense. He needs lots of touches, but he's not the creator that Teague is. I hated watching him dribble back and forth between his legs looking at a double team for 9 seconds. We seemed to be splitting the duties between him and Teague...or perhaps between Craw, Teague, and JJ. Teague needs to start every possession. He simply breaks down the defense. They have to make a tough decision when he starts with the ball high on the perimeter, because they know he can blow by. If you set a pick to free him up, it creates a crease. If you switch on him, he'll blow by the rotating defender. If you bring help when he penetrates, he can kick. I'll admit, I never realized what we had, but now that I do, he has to have the ball in his hands on every possession. There's simply no comparable offensive game plan.

We outplayed there bench. There bench looked good in the fourth but everything they did looked good in the fourth because they got every call after we worked from 15 down to take the lead. It was not there bench that won anything, human nature won out, after we took the lead they got to the line like 3 times straight and the guys realized the refs were not going for them winning tonight. The refs took this. I usually do not harp on these types of things but it is just getting worse and worse in this series.

We can't play our guys for 48 minutes and expect to match the Bulls in the 4th quarter, who can do a wholesale substitution and not miss a beat. We played awfully well and ran out of gas in the 4th.

That aside, I really don't want to see Joe as the primary ball handler on offense. He needs lots of touches, but he's not the creator that Teague is. I hated watching him dribble back and forth between his legs looking at a double team for 9 seconds. We seemed to be splitting the duties between him and Teague...or perhaps between Craw, Teague, and JJ. Teague needs to start every possession. He simply breaks down the defense. They have to make a tough decision when he starts with the ball high on the perimeter, because they know he can blow by. If you set a pick to free him up, it creates a crease. If you switch on him, he'll blow by the rotating defender. If you bring help when he penetrates, he can kick. I'll admit, I never realized what we had, but now that I do, he has to have the ball in his hands on every possession. There's simply no comparable offensive game plan.

I have to disagree, because Zaza pretty much outplayed their bench...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The way I see it, we lost this game because of

1. The refs.

2. Horf, Crawford, and Marvin did not produce.

There bench coming on late was an example of confidence and ref help.

Gibson and Asik would have fouled out or been in foul trouble had 1/2 of the missed calls been made.

Thibodeau planned for those guys to get fouls. That's why he left them in. It's very simple, their job was to defensively cut off teague with hard fouls and to get the rebound. However, the refs did not call the fouls they committed on Joe and Teague. That became a deterant for Joe and Teague to drive. Smoove too. All in all, this makes it much easier for them to rebound because we're shooting bad shots.

But let's not be fooled, it starts with the refs. If the refs refuse to blow their whistles on obvious calls, then there's no need to play the game.

We normally go to our bench to start the 4th instead we went iso joe and iso teague and they were dog tired .

How come we didnt goto Zaza in the post against Asik to start the 4th ? Zaza was playing great hit that jumper to end the the 3rd and never saw the ball again because of iso joe and iso teague

• Like 1