• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Flipping the Script on the Joe Haters.

Diesel

Since we are "forced" to keep Joe, we have to build the team around him like Dies and North say. We have to first get rid of Josh because he doesn't fit our concept. We should trade Josh for a second option, that way Horf will be kept happy and we have a legitimate second option in the starting lineup. Also getting Dalembert in the off season would be ideal.

PG - Ellis

G - Johnson

F - Marvin

F - Horford

C - Dalembert

That starting 5 would be the best starting 5 in Atlanta since the 1988 Hawks team that took Boston to the limit. It's a lineup that is balanced both offensively and defensively.

And hey, maybe Ellis becomes the #1 over JJ. Who knows?

All I know is that the days of doubling JJ would be gone, because Ellis would make teams PAY for doubling JJ, by taking the ball all the way to the rim. And Dalembert wouldn't be drifting outside of 10 feet of the goal. If we could get ANYTHING tangible out of Marvin, we would continue to be a threat in the East.

JJ can do that..................

yep . . . sometimes even in one quarter

• Premium Member

I'm no LeBron fan but please don't make it sound like the Pistons had their defensive game plan to stop Gibson. Gibson was able to have so many open shots because of the defense against LBJ and he found a wide open Gibson sooo many times. The same argument you make for JJ being doubled and having bad games and his teammates having to step up but didn't applies here.

Come on Jay.

The pistons were the best team in the league, the best defensive team in the land. LBJ didn't do a lot for Gibson. Gibson hit big shots.

Moreover, that team was Built around Lebron. This team is not built around Joe.

• Premium Member

I saw the whole series & I have to agree with this article: I don't know what NBA Diesel is watching, but is not the same we do.

You're joking right? Where's the jk?

In that game... it was so great because McDyess was ejected on probably the third play of the game.

He was called for a Flagarant 2 foul and was ejected. Under further review, he did commit a foul. Maybe a Flagarant 1 at best.

However, Lebron can thank the best game of his life to McDyess being ejected and him having free reign to stroll down the lane and dunk whenever he wanted.

It would be the same as if Smoove were ejected in the first quarter.

You're joking right? Where's the jk?

In that game... it was so great because McDyess was ejected on probably the third play of the game.

He was called for a Flagarant 2 foul and was ejected. Under further review, he did commit a foul. Maybe a Flagarant 1 at best.

However, Lebron can thank the best game of his life to McDyess being ejected and him having free reign to stroll down the lane and dunk whenever he wanted.

It would be the same as if Smoove were ejected in the first quarter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6xqamEd8s0

Joe's contract is not what he's worth to the NBA, it's what he's worth to the ATLANTA HAWKS. Get over it the man is here to stay.Yes, he had an off season, so what? And i see people saying" Wade and Labron Lames are getting paid less then Joe". They had to if they wanted to play together. Otherwise they would be the highest paid players in the NBA.So that's not a valid point. I also see people saying" Joe is not a star, Josh Smith means more to the Hawks then Joe". Really? The last time i've checked Joe is the only Hawk who get's doubled teamed, not Josh. The last time i've checked ONLY stars are the ones who get doubled teamed.SO PLEASE tell me (and Diesel) who whould come to the hawks and do what Joe do? The answer is no one. Do you know why? Cause no player is coming to a JOE-LESS Atlanta Hawks team.And that's not a diss towards Horford or Smith, but the reality is the NBA is a guard league. Has been since Jordan. So to all the "Joe haters" i'll be sure to reserve seats on the " Joe bandwagon" when a HEALTHY Joe starts playing like Joe.

Yes, Joe will be here to stay because no other team is going to trade for him and that contract at his age. He had a down season right after he had a down season last year as well. He's going to continue to decline as a player, and Atlanta is going to be saddled with this albatross of a contract because of their foolishness. Not only does Josh Smith mean more to winning than Joe Johnson, but Al Horford does as well. Al is the best player on this team.

Yes, Joe will be here to stay because no other team is going to trade for him and that contract at his age. He had a down season right after he had a down season last year as well. He's going to continue to decline as a player, and Atlanta is going to be saddled with this albatross of a contract because of their foolishness. Not only does Josh Smith mean more to winning than Joe Johnson, but Al Horford does as well. Al is the best player on this team.

LOL . . where was the "best player on the team" during the playoffs? And he can't use the "I'm playing out of position" excuse either. Horford played PF over 60% of the time and looked like a shell of himself against PFs that could play him a little tighter and take away his jumper.

And how did JJ have a down season in 2009 - 10, when statistically he had his 2nd best season while in Atlanta and made 3rd team All-NBA?

Horford and Smith mean more to winning than JJ . . . but everytime JJ plays mediocre to bad, the Hawks can't win. Meanwhile, when those guys play like garbage, and JJ balls, the Hawks can win. Something does not compute.

Talk to me when either Horford and Smith can get the ball during crunch time in the post, and make a shot over somebody without being set up by someone else. Until they can do that, they'll ALWAYS be a complimentary player to JJ.

PG - Ellis

G - Johnson

F - Marvin

F - Horford

C - Dalembert

That starting 5 would be the best starting 5 in Atlanta since the 1988 Hawks team that took Boston to the limit. It's a lineup that is balanced both offensively and defensively.

And hey, maybe Ellis becomes the #1 over JJ. Who knows?

All I know is that the days of doubling JJ would be gone, because Ellis would make teams PAY for doubling JJ, by taking the ball all the way to the rim. And Dalembert wouldn't be drifting outside of 10 feet of the goal. If we could get ANYTHING tangible out of Marvin, we would continue to be a threat in the East.

yep . . . sometimes even in one quarter

Can he still do that?

Edited by sasuke

LOL . . where was the "best player on the team" during the playoffs? And he can't use the "I'm playing out of position" excuse either. Horford played PF over 60% of the time and looked like a shell of himself against PFs that could play him a little tighter and take away his jumper.

And how did JJ have a down season in 2009 - 10, when statistically he had his 2nd best season while in Atlanta and made 3rd team All-NBA?

Horford and Smith mean more to winning than JJ . . . but everytime JJ plays mediocre to bad, the Hawks can't win. Meanwhile, when those guys play like garbage, and JJ balls, the Hawks can win. Something does not compute.

Talk to me when either Horford and Smith can get the ball during crunch time in the post, and make a shot over somebody without being set up by someone else. Until they can do that, they'll ALWAYS be a complimentary player to JJ.

The problem is when Joe's outside game goes in the toilet and Horford/smith have no inside game where does the team go for offense?

• Premium Member

The problem is when Joe's outside game goes in the toilet and Horford/smith have no inside game where does the team go for offense?

Well, actually, that's the problem. Horf/Smoove no inside game.

What we know is...

Joe has a middle game. He can score from the middle and he can be dangerous from outside. But's it's hard for him to have anything if there's no inside threat. Teams Double Joe, Crowd the middle and see if everybody else can beat us. More often that works because we don't have a real PG and we don't have players that create.