• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who you wanna Call....?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Ok,

Just to hear the interestingness of your answers.

If you were able to ask 1 question of any Hawk or Hawk coach in History:

Who would it be?

What would you ask?

( i will show mine later).

Well he's not a player or coach, but if there were one Hawks related question I could ask, that would be to Billy Knight in reference to his drafting strategy, and that one very simple question would be....."WTF, dude??????"

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I would call the entire front office in a conference call and ask what made them make that lopsided Hinrich trade.

So you're saying you would rather have a guy with potential that will never get off the bench, an aging pG with no defensive skills whatsoever, and a pick that will be so far back in a weak draft than to have a stronger playoff run, an opportunity to see how well we would play with a better defensive PG and a guy who will be heavily sought after in the offseason?

Wow... What a waste of a call.

• Like 1

• Admin

So you're saying you would rather have a guy with potential that will never get off the bench, an aging pG with no defensive skills whatsoever, and a pick that will be so far back in a weak draft than to have a stronger playoff run, an opportunity to see how well we would play with a better defensive PG and a guy who will be heavily sought after in the offseason?

I agree 100%...JC2 had the luck of going to a team where he would have a chance to get pt to really contribute. He was not showing that here.

Kirk was a big differnece maker in the first round. I don't think we could have won the series with Bibby as our point guard. Also, it was a blessing in that his injury allowed Teague to show his stuff.

• Premium Member

By Hawk do you mean player or player/employee?

Yes... I forgot to say GMs and announcers too.

I agree 100%...JC2 had the luck of going to a team where he would have a chance to get pt to really contribute. He was not showing that here.

Kirk was a big differnece maker in the first round. I don't think we could have won the series with Bibby as our point guard. Also, it was a blessing in that his injury allowed Teague to show his stuff.

I contend if Kirk gets back for game 5 against Chicago, we win the series.

We needed his defense down the stretch. He also needed his steady hand on offense.

Ok,

Just to hear the interestingness of your answers.

If you were able to ask 1 question of any Hawk or Hawk coach in History:

Who would it be?

What would you ask?

( i will show mine later).

A.T. without a doubt. He knows where the bones are buried.

Show me where this draft is so weak? Show me how we could not have used Jordan and the #18 pick next year with so few players under contract and a payroll already basically shot. Show me how if the draft is so weak the front office is now saying they will be drafting a player at 48 that they fully expect to make the team and even help if called upon. Show me how Kirk whom we undoubtedly got because we thought he made us better against better competition did his job other than the 1st round of the playoffs. Show me how Kirk helped us get any further than we had gotten the previous 2 years at a much steeper cost.

I dont see how it would be a wasted call to simply see what were they thinking that made them give up so much to get so little back. Why is the grass always greener on the other side, meaning why not just sit Bibby and start Teague. Why give Hinrich the job when you wanted Teague to take it. Those are the type of questions I would be asking so I dont see how it could be a wasted call.

• Premium Member

Show me where this draft is so weak?

After about pick number 6, all the players are flawed.

7th 10 13 16 19 22 25

2011 Kawhi Leonard Alec Burke Jimmer Freddette Markieff Morris Jordan Halmilton Kenneth Faried Trey Thompkins

2010 Greg Monroe Paul George Ed Davis Luke Babbit Avery Bradley Elliot Williams Dominique Jones

2009 Stephen Curry Brandon Jennings Tyler Hansborough James Johnson Jeff Teague Victor Claver Rodrique Beaubois

2008 Eric Gordon Brook Lopez Brandon Rush Marresse Spheight JJ Hickson Courtney Lee Nicolas Batum

2007 Corey Brewer Spencer Hawes Julian Wright Nick Young Javaris Crittendon Jared Dudley Morris Almond

2006 Randy Foye Saer Sene Thabo Sefolosha Rodney Carney Quincey Douby Marcus Williams Shannon Brown

2005 Charlie V. Andrew Bynum Sean May Joey Graham Hakim Warrick Jarrett Jack Johan Petro

2004 Loul Deng Luke Jackson S. Telfair Kirk Synder Dorrell Wright Victor Kryhpa Tony Allen

As you can see from the table, the talent year by year has been decreasing. The mock at the top for 2011 are a bunch of who?? from 2nd rate colleges and some who are non-impactful players. The draft has been eaten away by the players who are one and done. You can see the effect that it has had over the years. This year's draft is filled with Jr., Sr., and International players. When there are more Sr. Jr. and Int players than there are Fr and So projected in the draft, the draft is Weak...

For instance the Weak Draft of 2006 had 20 of 30 first rounders who were Jrs, Srs. or Int. The Strong draft of 2008 had 12 of 30 first rounder who were Jr. Srs. or Int.

This draft projects: 20 out of 30 Jrs, Srs. and Int players.

That's too many players that wasn't good enough to go earlier.

A.T. without a doubt. He knows where the bones are buried.

What would you ask him??