• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Minny's unprotected 2012 1st

warcore

I say if this franchise wants a future, it needs to strike a deal with LAC to get the Wolves' top pick next year.

Joe Johnson to Clips for

Kaman, Mo Williams, Travis Leslie and Minn 2012 1st

They become instant title contenders with nucleus of Gordon, Joe, Griffin and Jordan.

We take on Mo's contract til 2013 (not bad) and get most likely a top 5 pick in a strong draft class to get a real difference maker.

All the while, we have a roster next year that can go deep into the playoffs. Thoughts?

That deal would make the Hawks a lottery team.

a lineup of

Teague/Williams

Kirk/Leslie

Smoove/Marv

Horf/Kito

Kaman/Zaza

is a lottery team? I would think Horf and Smoove with good role players would at least make playoffs... but if it is a lottery team, that's fine too. It's just for one year to better the next several years. If we get our lottery pick plus Minn top pick in a strong draft class AND in good financial shape, that's a bright future.

Wait, whos in next years draft class? Sorry I don't watch NCAA Basketball that much.

http://www.nbadraft.net//

What if Minnesota is decent? You can't bank on getting a top 5 pick.

I'd still do it. We still get out of Joe's contract (not bashing his game) and get young talent.

In a couple more years, Joe's contract will prohibit us from signing significant role players and we will be a perennial 8th seedish team.

I want to get rid of Joe's contract too, but we wouldn't get anywhere near equal value on that deal. Plus Mo Williams would be the 3rd point guard.

True, but it's not so bad if you consider....

We can move someone

Kirk can play the SG

Kirk expires this season so he wouldn't be third for long

Mo's expires the year after Kirk's so he wouldn't be here for long either.