• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Enough division, let's get serious.

Swatguy

In my opinion, this Al/Josh comparison is divisive and ineffective. We are very fortunate to have them both. Neither are perfect but not finished in their developments. I believe they can play together for the good.

Offensive and defensive schemes should be optimized to accomodate these two and the rest of the players as they hit the court.

Offensively thinking, Al's strength is the mid-high range jumper. So be it, allow and employ it. LD's offense allows it. As Al pops out, Josh needs to operate mid-to-low. I know youse know this and it has been well noted. Also noted is we Have to have a post presence, in that offense. It is why I like Kamen. He rebounds and he scores in the post. Kamen is perfect for this team.

Defensively Al does very well in the post except for the 3 or 4 guys that are bigger and active. Guys like Dwight, Lopez, Noah, Bogut and Gasol to mention. Again a bigger body such as Kamen in tandem is needed.

To further maximize will be for Josh to commit to defending the three position. Mastering the footwork and understanding fully lanes and helping.

Joe ain't going nowhere and good for it. With Kirk and Teague, Joe should be even more dangerous as he prime's.

See, we have some very very strong parts, Stronger than most understand.

I believe if we can pull moces to get a "Kamen", Reggie Evans" and a "Shannon Brown" added to the previous mentioned hawks plus Zaza and Damien we can challenge for the title.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Assuming the salary cap is no more favorable than the cap for the 2010-11 season, how do you see us adding "a Kaman" without giving up Josh or Al? I'm not seeing a lot of assets we have to entice other teams to give up a big man or a lot of salary room with which to pay said big man.

Assuming the salary cap is no more favorable than the cap for the 2010-11 season, how do you see us adding "a Kaman" without giving up Josh or Al? I'm not seeing a lot of assets we have to entice other teams to give up a big man or a lot of salary room with which to pay said big man.

I recommend some sort of Marvin/Zaza for Kaman. Salaries match. Clips aren't going to resign Kaman with DeAndre Jordan being their starter... they want a backup C = Zaza

• Moderators

I recommend some sort of Marvin/Zaza for Kaman. Salaries match. Clips aren't going to resign Kaman with DeAndre Jordan being their starter... they want a backup C = Zaza

If we can swing that deal, i'd be up for it but why would the Clippers be willing to assume Marvin's contract when Kaman is gone after next season (clearing significant cap room for them)? They only get one more year of Zaza than they get of Kaman.

• Moderators

A third team may be used to achieve a trade for Kamen. Perhaps a sign and trade using Jamal and with Marvin. Something like Jamal to OKC for Collison to the Clips with Marvin.

We are at 66.6M for this season.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/hawks.jsp

If you S&T Jamal (meaning no salary impact on us) and trade Marvin you would have to sign Jamal for only about $4.7M for the first year of his new contract (is it realistic that Jamal would take when he could sign outright with OKC for the MLE?). If you accept that this is realistic, you would then add Kaman which puts the Hawks at over 71M (shipping out 8.05M and taking in 12.7M), well over the luxury tax line.

New ownership may surprise me, but I fail to see them busting the luxury tax line for Kaman.

I have a hard time seeing us adding salary through a S&T given how close we are to the tax line and given the strong likelihood that the tax will end up being more punitive in the next CBA (assuming no hard cap).

I'll keep it short. The bottom line is this.

Al Horford has 5 years left under contrat with Atlanta.

Josh Smith has 2 years under contract with Atlanta.

It is a well known fact that your rarely get market value back for players on expiring contracts.

Why would the Thunder want Jamal Crawford ?

There are not enough balls to go around for Westbrook, Durant, Harden + Crawford.

That just makes no sense without even looking at the cap.

You're right, Durant might ask for a trade.

I'll keep it short. The bottom line is this.

Al Horford has 5 years left under contrat with Atlanta.

Josh Smith has 2 years under contract with Atlanta.

It is a well known fact that your rarely get market value back for players on expiring contracts.

With Josh's age and talent, his case could be an exception.

With Josh's age and talent, his case could be an exception.

Why would you even try to make that bet? Winning teams go out and make things happen in player acquisition. Teams like Atlanta sit back and wait for things to happen. Smith is a very nice trading chip, he should be aggressively shopped to round out the roster.

In my opinion, this Al/Josh comparison is divisive and ineffective. We are very fortunate to have them both. Neither are perfect but not finished in their developments. I believe they can play together for the good.

Offensive and defensive schemes should be optimized to accomodate these two and the rest of the players as they hit the court.

Offensively thinking, Al's strength is the mid-high range jumper. So be it, allow and employ it. LD's offense allows it. As Al pops out, Josh needs to operate mid-to-low. I know youse know this and it has been well noted. Also noted is we Have to have a post presence, in that offense. It is why I like Kamen. He rebounds and he scores in the post. Kamen is perfect for this team.

Defensively Al does very well in the post except for the 3 or 4 guys that are bigger and active. Guys like Dwight, Lopez, Noah, Bogut and Gasol to mention. Again a bigger body such as Kamen in tandem is needed.

To further maximize will be for Josh to commit to defending the three position. Mastering the footwork and understanding fully lanes and helping.

Joe ain't going nowhere and good for it. With Kirk and Teague, Joe should be even more dangerous as he prime's.

I believe if we can pull moces to get a "Kamen", Reggie Evans" and a "Shannon Brown" added to the previous mentioned hawks plus Zaza and Damien we can challenge for the title.

I really like your optimism. Some people on this board need to not only think of the negative, but what this team could be.

I agree we have some solid players. Our regular season record speaks for itself. Problem is getting a player like Kaman will require a good player. Reggie Evans and Samuel Dalembert will be FAs and great gets for a MLE ( could be wishfull thinking).

My point is unless we get lucky in free agency, the only way to get better is to trade a good player. Getting a big like Kaman for peanuts is a dream. The Heat and Celtics will be going after bigs hard this season with their MLE. We should also. If that fails, our only choice may be to move Smoove.

I agree we have some solid players. Our regular season record speaks for itself. Problem is getting a player like Kaman will require a good player. Reggie Evans and Samuel Dalembert will be FAs and great gets for a MLE ( could be wishfull thinking).

My point is unless we get lucky in free agency, the only way to get better is to trade a good player. Getting a big like Kaman for peanuts is a dream. The Heat and Celtics will be going after bigs hard this season with their MLE. We should also. If that fails, our only choice may be to move Smoove.

Well creatively thinking, a S&T involving Jamal for a piece to go with Marvin may get Kamen. Reggie for less than the mle with a backend increase and the MLE for Shannon.