• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Congratualtions to Mark Richt for his 100th win

coachx

Since there is a thread titled "The Official Countdown To Mark Richt's Firing"...........

I feel its only appropriate to have a thread congratulating the man for reaching 100 wins quicker then andy UGA coach in history.

Richt now joins Dooley (201) and Butts (140) as the only UGA Football Coaches with 100 wins. Richt did it 11 games quicker then Dooley and 13 games quicker then Butts.

Edited by coachx

Richt was certainly the right choice when he was hired, but I do wonder if he remains the right choice. The Bulldogs are still undisciplined and they still have problems with focus.

But, there are some very encouraging signs. The defense is finally starting to really get after it. Their tackling is significantly better than it has been in a long while. The o-line is starting to look better. There are still issues (all the darn holding calls), but there is some improvement. Offensive play calling is still so-so at best. Richt's comments about going for it on 4th down during the UT game are telling. More or less he said he felt like they were more prepared to go for it on 4th down v. UT than they have been all year.

From here I want to see the team continue to improve as measured by (1) wins (they MUST beat Florida this year), (2) fewer penalties, and (3) better offensive play calling, while maintaining defensive consistency.