• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Raiders Trade For Carson Palmer Is Insane

AHF

• Moderators

I just had to comment on this one. It is the worst trade in recent memory for me. You are making the trade midseason which already reduces the player's value. You are trading for a guy who has been in decline for 3 years and is in his 30's with a history of significant injury.

Then you are trading a first round pick and a 2nd rounder minimum/1st rounder maximum for him.

When was the last time you saw that kind of compensation for a veteran QB?

Just crazy. I bet the Bengals would have taken much less than that and that you could have gotten someone like Orton who could fill the slot for like a 4th round pick.

How much more will Palmer give the Raiders this season than someone like Orton would? I guess we'll find out but that trade is a no brainer win for the Bengals. For the Raiders, Palmer had better be a stud this season and the next two at least.

It was the ghost of Al Davis pulling the trigger on that trade. It has all his hallmarks.

- Go after an over the vet- check

- Get a guy who wore out his welcome with his previous team- check

- Make sure the guy will earn more than the market is paying comparable guys- check

- Spend first round picks like they are 6th round picks- double check

All of Davis' criteria are met.

So, yup this is a REALLY bad trade for the Raiders. And it could get worse if Palmer blows out his knee again...Or his Achilles which seems to be somewhat common for guys coming off a long delay in football activities.