• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tillman Documentary

DrReality

• Moderators

I have, and I presume you were referring to the military brass and political leaders in terms of "how it was handled", not the documentary producers.

The Tillman Story did an exceptional job of conveying how we as civilians, our media, and our elected leaders willfully engage in typecasting those defending us with their lives to suit our own varied interests.

~lw3

• 1 month later...

Yeah...I have a gut feeling that there is more to the Pat Tillman story than we will ever know. I just wish somebody could have taken a little of the "patriotic fervor" away from him before he joined up and explained to him that he could have done more by donating a good bit of his salary to the various soldier support organizations. One guy can't win a war.

Mildly O.T. - I remember when I was fixing to join the military - the old guy who ran the store I had worked at (and was a navy vet) told me..."son...join the navy...it's the only service where the Commanding Officer gets killed along with everybody else if you lose".

It tends to make them take risks more seriously in their approach to battle...smile3.gif

• Like 1