• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clemson Coach Takes Apart SC & Spurrier

AHF

Clemson has dominated the USC rilvary ( 65-40-4) like UGA has dominated Ga Tech (62-37-2).

I do find it funny that the author gives Dabo props for his historical research when he really did no research at all. For example......he claimed this was the first time USC has won vs. Clemson 3 years in a row and that it may be 50 years before they do it again.

Historically speaking...........USC has actually beaten Clemson 3 times in a row (or more) on 5 occasions.

Guys like Kiffen and Dabo are great for sound bites though.

• Moderators

he claimed this was the first time USC has won vs. Clemson 3 years in a row

He said it wasn't the first time USC has beaten Clemson 3 in a row and wouldn't be the last time at 3:16. He did then go on to suggest it might be another 50 years before it happened again which is a bit too aggressive when you consider it last happened in the 1968 3 game streak but close enough for these types of comments, IMO.

• Moderators

I haven't actually seen any video of Spurrier with the quote, I did see his press conference and he wasn't at all derogatory with any statements towards Clemson.

I believe there was a direct misquote from the reporter asking the question.

I think it was wrongly attributed to Spurrier. Spurrier being the talented and arrogant SOB that he is, though, could easily have said it. His shots at other teams while he was at Florida would have fit right in with that. (Stuff like the "Free Shoes University" or "You can't spell Citrus without 'UT'" lines.) If anybody deserved to get reamed out for a misquote, Spurrier should be near the front of that line.