• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Max offer for Paul / Poll

coachx

Max offer for Paul / Poll  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This was suggested by John Hollinger:

Hawks trade: Horford. Smith, Teague, Hinrich, Marvin

Hornets trade: Paul / Okafor / Ariza / Jack

Max offer for Paul Trade / Poll

You must assume Sund already tried to hold out "said" player from the deal but the Hornets demanded each Hawks piece be included or else they take another trade for Chris Paul & friends.

This is how I see it.

- After seeing the Magic offer Gasol / Odom it will take both Horford / Smith to get Paul. If you want Paul you have to knock their socks off.

- Ariza is an upgrade over Marvin

- Jack and Hinrich are basically a wash on the floor but the Hornets value the expiring contract.

- Okafor is a serviceable starting center who is bigger then Horford but not better then Horford.

- Teague is the cheap young chip, you hate to give up, but have to give up to get Paul.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Horford and Smith are 26 - not in their 30's. They are under contracts for multiple years at fine salaries - not on expiring contracts. They clearly have more value than Odom/Gasol, IMO.

I think if the Hawks do this deal there won't be enough left to entice Paul to resign and he will walk, leaving us with an overpaid JJ and overpaid Okafor and nothing else.

No deal.

• Like 1

I think if the Hawks do this deal there won't be enough left to entice Paul to resign and he will walk, leaving us with an overpaid JJ and overpaid Okafor and nothing else.

No deal.

You may be right but I would roll the dice.

Paul / Jack

JJ / McGrady / Wafer

Ariza / McGrady

West / Okafor / ZaZa

Okafor / ZaZa / Collins / Benson

Edited by coachx

trade our entire frontcourt or basically 4/5 starters for Paul ? What you have to ask if how far could Paul take NO with no help ? hesn ot a guy that can do it by himself so he would need help and we would trade away all the help he would have to get him .

Horford can't be traded till Jan 15 thanks to the CBA.

You do want to resign CP3 right? If you trade Horford and Smith, forget it. Besides that far too much. Smith and Teague would do the trick if Atlanta wanted to.

• Premium Member

Too much. Maybe not in the grand scheme for Chis Paul (or anyone else on his level for that matter), but we can't put all that in a deal for one guy. We just don't have the front office skills, the market, or the assets (afterwards that is...) to do anything with it.

...and are we really any better off?

Edited by Wretch