• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks 2011-2012 Training Camp Roster.. Can you say Donald Sloan!

willthepureshooter

HWK_TrainingCamp_120911.jpg

Guys I think we may have a diamond in the rough in invitee Donald Sloan. He's a 6'3 point guard with a good package of scoring, rebounding, and assists. His averages in the NBDL were pretty solid considering the minutes that he played.

National Basketball Development League 2010-2011 Statistics:

MPG: 27.7

GP: 49

GS: 33

PPG: 10.7

FG%: 48.3%

FT%: 72.2

APG: 4.4

RPG: 3.4

TO: 1.63

National Basketball Development League 2011-2012 Statistics:

MPG: 40.6

GP: 5

GS: 5

PPG: 24.8

FG%: 49.5%

FT%: 82.1

APG: 8.4

RPG: 5.2

TO: 4.0

EFF: +25.20

As you can see, the kid has shown great progression throughout his tenure in the National Basketball Development League. And oh yeah, he was #2 in scoring and tied at #2 in assists in the Development League. This may translate well for our organization because it shows that the kid has eagerness to learn and improve his game. The kid pretty much improved every stat line from his 2010-2011 season. Larry Drew thinks very highly of the kid and I can understand why. Good pickup for the Hawks!!

I wouldn't plug him at the #2 Pg spot but I will ensure that he will have good minutes in the future. The kid is a raw talent that could become a good option for us in the future. There's no veteran PGs available that we can afford to bring into camp. Now, if you see a viable option please share it with me..? As a basketball player myself, his size and overall progression looks promising.

• Premium Member

Hard to say at this stage what's going to be available through trade, ostensibly if a SnT for Crawford would occur... or, once most of these under-the-cap teams have finished their shopping sprees. Plausible that Chauncey Billups or Baron Davis could be a target with all or part of MLE. (Not saying I necessarily favor that, but you asked what viable options might be.)

Edited by sturt

Hard to say at this stage what's going to be available through trade, ostensibly if a SnT for Crawford would occur... or, once most of these under-the-cap teams have finished their shopping sprees. Plausible that Chauncey Billups or Baron Davis could be a target with all or part of MLE. (Not saying I necessarily favor that, but you asked what viable options might be.)

I'm not sure Billups would come here at all. He will more than likely weasel his way onto the Miami roster this year. Same for Baron Davis. Realistically, no one wants to come here and earn a championship. Everyone wants to free ride New York and Miami to get a ring. Definitely wouldn't put my marbles on either one of these guys.

I've always liked Donald Sloan, and I think he has great potential.

There's more room on this wagon my man! Lol! The kid is pretty good, I just think he was overshadowed in a guard heavy draft.

• Premium Member

Btw, Acie Law has had some decent moments since he was moved to GS... if it came down to it, I wouldn't get too upset to see him back in Philips.

(Strike that... just discovered that Acie is in, of all places, Serbia, and evidently has no opt-out so he's stuck for the year.)

MIA has no more room to do anything now... and if they did have room, they'd find a way to get a C.

And, just to be clear, you asked for "viable." I gave you viable. Not saying "likely," but certainly viable.

Edited by sturt