Get in the gym. Shoot 200 of them.

Joe

Al

Josh

Marvin

T-Mac

Zaza

NOW!

Jeff and the rest of the brick em freebie crew. This one hurts.

Derrick Rose has a message for the Hawks

1273045_o.gif

• Like 1

I cringe with every missed free throw. Tonight, I cringed a lot. It cost the

Hawks the game. No doubt about it. That was the difference....

So many chances and so many misses. This one hurts.

banned.gif

• Like 1

I wanted to so badly throw the remote into the TV. But then I had more important stuff to do which is what I am about to do once I finished this sentence.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

The only good thing I can take out of this game is that the Hawks can compete with the Bulls, but they need to work on their 4th quarter execution, especially on free throws. This has been a reoccurring problem for the Hawks.

• Like 1

• Moderators

2-4 Horford

3-6 Smith

4-7 Williams

2-2 Joe J.

3-6 Teague

14-25. Eleven points. Don't blame JJ. He hit all his.

So many chances. So many missed free throws.

I expect Joe to at least draw iron on that last 3. Other teams demand their star player make that shot. That's what he's here to do. I'm just asking that he hit the rim.

I hate Teague's free throw shooting ritual. He rushes and throws up haphazard shots with no dribble or rhythym like he doesn't care. I know that's what he's comfortable with but damn. It just looks awful when he misses. Free throw shooting percentage has always historically been tied to basketball I.Q. Ray Ray, Reggie, Nash, Stock, Cousy, Barry, the Denver cat with the nerve disorder who changed his name (Maqumoud-Raouf?), Billups, Price, Step Curry, the list goes on. Not to leave out the great shooting big men: Ming, Olajuwon, Ewing. The smartest guys know how important free points are and shoot them religiously in practice to perfect their stroke and routine. With that in mind, it's foolish to think Josh will ever go above 80%.

On a side note, is Price still a coach here?

Edited by benhillboy

Not sure how to do this, but if someone knows how to find historical stats on free-throw shooting, I'd like to see where Atlanta ranks this season, and in history. I know many of you have watched much more basketball than I, but I don't ever remember an entire team being so awful in free throw shooting.