• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's take a breath, cause our team really can't....

buckeye242424

I'm glad the NBA is back and having our Hawks back, selfishly, makes my winter better. However, even though these guys are "professionals", and being paid money that's insane in a sport, or insane period, I'm going to be sympathetic considering the circumstances. We all know 9 games in 12 days. That's pretty intense...even for a pro. I can't imagine the travel then trying to play games. (Again, they're getting paid millions, but we don't think about that as fans while watching games). Point being, as fans on this site, were 5-3. We beat Miami with the studs, we lost to Miami in 3 OT's. We lost to Chicago after being up 19. We just won on the road after a 3 OT stressful game. Sad thing is, we could be 7-1 after playing 3 games against the two best teams in the East.

I'll take 5-3 at this point and I'm looking forward to CHI tomorrow. 3 games in 3 nights. Let's consider the schedule now, teams they play, and the shortened season. This team can play... I'm not pushing the panic button.

• Like 3

I can buy that if you're talking about results from games at the end of the trip but not at the very beginning of the trip. And there is ZERO excuse for poor FT shooting, especially when all of players who have historically been decent to very good FT shooters.

I appreciate your optimism though and while I'm not ready to throw in the towel I'm certainly not seeing this team through rose-colored glasses anymore.

• Like 4

I understand the FT's, I do. I was screaming in my hands watching Teague miss those FT's. I know the goal is a gold trophy, and honestly, the team we have won't get there yet, but whatever. I just want the people on this board, after 8 games, this effed up season, not to mail it in already. I think we've held our own in this crazy start, even with the missed opportunities. We can still win a lot of games, and I think we will. That's the point, right?

I can buy that if you're talking about results from games at the end of the trip but not at the very beginning of the trip. And there is ZERO excuse for poor FT shooting, especially when all of players who have historically been decent to very good FT shooters.

I appreciate your optimism though and while I'm not ready to throw in the towel I'm certainly not seeing this team through rose-colored glasses anymore.

We're missing free throws due to the lockout issue and because our players are tired. Hopefully our bench will gel and continue to get major minutes. We had a rough schedule starting out and could easily be at the top of our division. After last nights performance, I have a feeling we will beat Chicago. Keep your bearings squawkers!!

I hope they turn it around too. One thing - before you can even start thinking about a trophy, you have to achive respectability. Pretty clear from the Miami game commentary that they don't get that much respect. You can sort of ignore Barkley since he's a loose cannon, but Miller is a pretty reasonable guy. When you don't show up every night to play, you don't get respect.

The schedule is tough, but its not like the Hawks are the only team playing a compressed schedule. Remember the Houston game? They were on the 3rd night of playing, and looked better than the Hawks. If I recall right, Miami played Indy the night before the Hawks, so every team has some tough schedule issues. As for the travel, I'd take their chartered flights over the commerical airlines all the rest of us have to fly anyday of the week.

So, the condensed schedule is the reason the Hawks can't hit from the charity stripe.

Other teams hit their free throws. How come? They have the same type schedule and

we see our beloved Hawks dropping down to about 26th. in FT %.

I'm proud of our record so far. Love these Hawks. Still, I hate it when they miss those

free throws, and especially hate it when it cost us a game.

fan_1.gif

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

...We just won on the road after a 3 OT stressful game...

Yeah Buckeye...I was pleased with the win last night. Not a very exciting game but a road win against a team we were 2-2 against last year. I could have easily seen us losing that one.

As far as free throw shooting goes...I have an idea. Instead of bringing in ex-pros with their theories and stories about what great free throw shooters THEY used to be...the Hawks should hire Gray Mule as their free throw shooting coach. I can see it now:

Hawks player: "Coach, I just made 15 of 20...OK if I hit the showers?"

Gray Mule: "Keep shooting."

• Like 2

So, the condensed schedule is the reason the Hawks can't hit from the charity stripe.

Other teams hit their free throws. How come? They have the same type schedule and

we see our beloved Hawks dropping down to about 26th. in FT %.

I'm proud of our record so far. Love these Hawks. Still, I hate it when they miss those

free throws, and especially hate it when it cost us a game.

fan_1.gif

We have played longer games than anyone else. We played good defense, in which, can become draining. And we've played majority faster teams than any other team. Plus, Drew doesn't help with his terrible substitution strategies.