Thoughts on Boris

Lascar78

don't read too much into this, just thought this comparison of pre-season stats was interesting, given that Diaw has played alot less minutes than most of these guys. Not sure why so many people think he can't contribute this year so long as you don't expect him to score much. Again, I'll think he'll be a great addition and consistency will come with time. To this point, melo and bosh have clearly outplayed him buthe looks pretty decent compared to the rest

Boris Diaw, G-F, Atlanta Hawks (No. 21)

Stats: 3 GP, 8.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.00 spg

Josh Howard, F, Dallas Mavericks (No. 29)

Stats: 4 GP, 10.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.00 spg, .457 FG%

LeBron James, G, Cleveland Cavaliers (No. 1)

Stats: 3 GP, 8.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 4.3 apg, 1.33 spg, 1.33 bpg

Leandrinho Barbosa, G, Phoenix Suns (No. 28)

Stats: 4 GP, 7.3 ppg, 2.3 apg, 1.00 spg

T.J. Ford, G, Milwaukee Bucks (No. 8)

Stats: 4 GP, 8.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.25 spg

Steve Blake, G, Washington Wizards (No. 38)

Stats: 4 GP, 5.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.5 spg

Darko Milicic, F-C, Detroit Pistons (No. 2)

Stats: 4 GP, 4.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg

Mickael Pietrus, G-F, Golden State Warriors (No. 11)

Stats: 4 GP, 6.3 ppg, 4.0 rpg

Dwyane Wade, G, Miami Heat (No. 5)

Stats: 3 GP, 13.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.0 apg, 2.33 spg, 1.33 bpg

Aleksandar Pavlovic, F, Utah Jazz (No. 19)

Stats: 3 GP, 8.0 ppg, 2.0 apg, 1.33 spg, .600 FG%

Zoran Planinic, G, New Jersey Nets (No. 22)

Stats: 3 GP, 8.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.3 apg, 2.33 spg

David West, F, New Orleans Hornets (No. 18)

Stats: 4 GP, 6.5 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.8 apg, 1.25 bpg

• Admin

Ira was a hugh loss IMO. His defence and role playing were invaluable.

I am really hoping the Diaw can bring that. The big difference is that he can also handle the ball and Diaw has a hugh upside.

He does not need to score a lot of points to have an impact. I am hoping this season he can provide defence, ball handling and assists.

I still have never seen Diaw play a minute so I have no real opinion. However reading the draft bios they are pretty uniform is saying that he is a good passer and an excellent defender with a ton of athleticism. All of these things are what the Hawks desperately need/needed.

So, I'm hoping for the best.

Has Ira even played in the preseason? I can't find where he is even any preseason games for Cleveland. Is he hurt?

Well anyway I agree with you, Ira is not worth overpaying. We can't continue to overpay players like you said.

Thank you for your services, good bye Ira!! We need to start doing that more often. If Crawford doesn't play this year, he need to be shown the door too. What a waste of millions of dollars on a chronically hurt player.

• Admin

I don't think he is worth that money either. Actually it is 3 million a year over 5 years not 5 million over 3 years.

That is why we had to let him go.

However, I liked a lot what he brought to the team and I think he is a bigger loss then Big Dog.

I agree with Capstone21. I can think of some other players

that don't hustle near as much as he did.

Yes, he is injured right now. That's why he's not playing.

Nothing really serious, or so I hear.

Boris was drafted because he fit the description of what

the Hawks needed. A great ball handler and passer. One

who has the ability to find the open man and get him the

ball. That's what we needed and his reputation is that

this is what he is very good doing. Also plays some pretty

mean defense and rebounds.

If he can live up to his reputation, and I believe he will,

we have a very valueable piece of the puzzle. We'll know

more after the first 10-15 games of the regular season.

Then, take a look at the stats, etc.

• Admin

Another good thing is like Tony Parker, Boris has already been playing professionally. That could make him more ready for the NBA then some of the rookies from college and High school.

On a side note, a lot of people were hoping for Reece Gaines. It is looking like he might not be able to play PG and thus not fit what Orlando needs. It is looking more and more like we got the player we needed at 21.

Having attended tonight's game, I am even more impressed with Boris Diaw. He showed excellent court vision, he could have picked up several more assists had other Hawks players finished, all of his passes were on the money, including one bounce pass from the top of the key across the lane to Ekezie who got a dunk. He made a nifty move underneath the basket for a reverse slam on Rasual Butler....and he was tenacious on defense. Not afraid to get in there and bang with the big boys for a rebound either. The only thing he needs work on is the jump shot...he has range, just needs consistency

Nazr and Jackson did their stuff when it meant something. Garbage time players were Holman, Holcomb...

Nazr was a monster on the boards collecting 11 boards before halftime. Jackson got hot in the end of the 1st and 2nd quarter to turn things around after they were behind 10, hit a couple 3s.