• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Opponents Beware of Consistent Hawks!

sillent

It's funny how all 5 of our starters (including Horford not Zaza) are constantly in debate amongst fans. Either you love and praise them or are blaming them for every loss or problem our team has. I guess that's a good problem to have!! Not many fans can debate amongst each other about so many star quality young players on one team. I think something we all can agree on is that if all of our core players played to their potential consistently opponents would be in trouble.

Al Horford when in beast mode has a knack for finishing a play but who can boast a center able to take it coast to coast on a consistent basis. If he plays like he did last year in that come back on the Bulls or the way he does against the Pacers(prior to injury) he'd be an undeniable beast.To top it all off he has an automatic jumper but consistency with all of this is key.It discourages me that he doesn't want to man up and embrace that center role when he is only second to Dwight in the east.

When Josh Smith is playing at his best he controls the game at both ends of the floor. He is easily our biggest contributor to wins and losses on our team because he can do it all and fill up a stat sheet. If he consistently played to his potential I wouldn't be surprised if he starts posting quadruple doubles. Our frustrations with Josh is he has the most ability's and energy to be our game changer and he still has a knack to change the game in our opponents favor. That's still a pretty good problem to have as long as he does the good parts consistently. A lot of people try to box Josh in a category and place him in the post but his game/versatilty spreads like his contributions. Just ask the stat sheet.

Marvin Williams will forever be unfairly judged until we win a championship with his contributions and Teague becomes miles ahead of Chris Paul and Deron Williams. All that seems like a long shot but point is don't blame Marvin for situations he couldn't control. Plus because of the so called "draft mistake" we acquired Al Horford and Jeff Teague and it all now looks to play in our favor. Now that I spent a paragraph going nowhere with his critics let's actually get to Marvin.

Marvin Williams has probably been the most consistent starter this year. He's versatile,athletic, a good scorer and good with cleaning up on the offense boards. That's just on offense. Marvin is a critical piece being able to contain the Lebron's, Carmelo's, Pierce's guarding then one on one. Barring any serious injuries this will be Marvin's breakout year with the post season being the show case of his contributions to the rest of the world. Marvin gets bashed for being a team(role) player and pulling vanishing acts but on a team with this much talent, sacrifices have to be made.Marvin has definitely came out aggressive this year and you can see flashes of why he was drafted so early. Every year teams choose players that shouldn't be chosen over another player but with our team constructed as is this wrong pick might just be right after all.

I think a lot of us forget to understand that Joe Johnson is a 6'7 shooting guard. Not too many shooting guards are that big, strong and crafty in the league. He's Lebron's size at shooting guard!! If I was an owner that might be a tough choice that I might have made as well. Joe Johnson contract aside has been a workaholic since he got on our team.It was a tough decision but you don't let an attribute this rare go for nothing. He has been our best player for most of our early years and still is a deadly force on this talented team. We don't need him to play like his contract would demand. We would be overjoyed if he did but we don't need him to be Kobe during the regular season for us with all the talent we have. Now in the playoffs we do need him to earn his money and be a closer. Practice makes perfect so I wouldn't mind him starting early though.

Jeff Teague, well he's not Deron Williams not Chris Paul either but I'll take him. He's starting to look like one of the best finishers on the drive at his position. How long have we longed for a point guard that can dribble and penetrate. He's a pretty good defender as well and should battle for the steals leader eventually. Once he learns to set guys up better with his passes and stay in front of his man consistently he could be a nice phenom. He reminds me of Rondo when he took over the reigns for controlling the tempo for Boston's Big Three. That's the same year when Rondo and Rose had a sensational battle in the playoffs. Like Rondo, Teague has to eventually steer this ship and lead this team like great point guards do. So far so good seeing as this is his first real season.

If we can put this all together consistently I can see us being contenders for a long time.

• Like 3

Consistency is the key. When we're good, we're great.

When we're bad, we're awful.

When everything works as it should and shots are falling, who in the NBA can

beat this team? No one, that's who. Thieves. That's the Hawks. They will

steal the ball, over and over. JT, Zaza, Rad Man, Josh and Ivan. Quick hands all.

Bury that 3 pointer! Many can. Hit those free throws. At least Ivan can.

Block that shot. See the list of quick hands above.

And this is not to mention our big man, our all star center who is out with injury.

People might think we were a one man team and we're doomed without him.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Finally, It's all Marvin's fault that we didn't get CP3. Everyone knows this.

Until he personally carries the Hawks to the championship we will never forgive

him for this. If he did, maybe, just maybe we MIGHT think of forgiveness.

But, until then .................

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

Consistency is the key. When we're good, we're great.

When we're bad, we're awful.

When everything works as it should and shots are falling, who in the NBA can

beat this team? No one, that's who. Thieves. That's the Hawks. They will

steal the ball, over and over. JT, Zaza, Rad Man, Josh and Ivan. Quick hands all.

Bury that 3 pointer! Many can. Hit those free throws. At least Ivan can.

Block that shot. See the list of quick hands above.

And this is not to mention our big man, our all star center who is out with injury.

People might think we were a one man team and we're doomed without him.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Finally, It's all Marvin's fault that we didn't get CP3. Everyone knows this.

Until he personally carries the Hawks to the championship we will never forgive

him for this. If he did, maybe, just maybe we MIGHT think of forgiveness.

But, until then .................

I wish Marvin was an all-world player, but he is not to blame for us not getting CP3 that is all on BK. Marvin did not select himself.

Edited by JayBirdHawk