Kirk Hinrich is playing tonight.

smoove31210

Kirk looked pretty decent out there (at least he shot well)...but that was a pretty tough game for him to start with. I'm comfortable with him basically taking all of Pargo's minutes. He's very quick (for a white guy) and at 6'4" he has "ranginess" on defense.

Makes sense to keep Pargo though as you never know what's going to happen in this compacted season and he has shown much better than I expected.

Oddly enough, it looks like we have finally conquered one of our problems (PG/C)...knock-on-wood, fingers crossed, throwing salt over my shoulder. Jeff's emergence coupled with Kirk's newfound health should mean we can compete with pretty much any team at that position outside of LAC...and even dominate a few.

Now all we have to do is win a bunch of games - make the playoffs - get Al Horford back - and win the NBA Championship. Piece-o-Cake beer.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

Yes - now we have so many PGs we can waive one them....

Personally I wouldn't recommend waiving Pargo by any means. Sloan? Sure...adios...but you have to have an emergency PG and anybody who has been around long enough to watch JJ try the PG position knows that THAT is not a viable option.

• Moderators

Kirk is better offensively, and defensively than pargo. If he stays healthy its gonna be hard for pargo to get any playing time at all.

Kirk should be playing minutes at SG with JJ at SF in some lineups. I would keep Pargo in the rotation, even if he is clearly the guy who will be getting the fewest minutes of our PGs.

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't recommend waiving Pargo by any means. Sloan? Sure...adios...but you have to have an emergency PG and anybody who has been around long enough to watch JJ try the PG position knows that THAT is not a viable option.

Totally agree. I was talking about Sloan getting waived. Pargo has earned his spot and is at least an adequate backup.

• Moderators

I like that lineup AHF as long as its not Joe going against someone like lebron.

It has to be a matchup specific lineup. Teague, Kirk and Joe is a very small lineup as far as rebounding as well so it isn't without weakness but there are times it will make a lot of sense.