• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal Crawford has regrets about leaving Atlanta? Yep!

willthepureshooter

Did you guys see Crawford looking upset on the Portland bench? He later changed his Twitter picture to one of his old Hawks press conference pics. He then tweeted this: " I was warned, didn't listen to the advice from lil bro..."

Sounds like he realized that he was actually needed and wanted in Atlanta. Nique and Bob Rathbun noticed Jamal wasn't shooting or playing aggressively while on the floor. And he looked noticeably upset while on the bench. He was just staring at our team on the court. It was kinda said I thought.

He had some moments with Portland. The problem is, in Atlanta, everyone has free will. The players can play their style, as long as it conducive. For a structure player, Atlanta can be tough. For players like Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, Willie Green, J. Pargo, and Ivan Johnson. This is a great fit. They love Atlanta as their numbers here are higher than their numbers else where coming off the bench. I been saying this, Atlanta is a great fit for guys who have talent and fit the scheme of the Hawks style. For Pargo, he is not a starter and never will be one. He for coming off the bench feels free. LD doesn't have a leash that posters here are talking about. LD is a free reign type coach. The only thing is he puts a lot of responsibility on the PG. All the players know that. The PG has to have a lot of positive possessions. Turnovers aren't huge with LD but positive possessions are as with most motion offenses in the NBA.

The Portland announcing crew were pointing out Nate being visably upset with Jamal passing up shots (which he did) opting to force passes even with time running down. I can't understand any bad feelings he'd have outside of them not being a clear playoff team, Nate has given him free reign to be a bench gunner and even a 4th quarter closer in addition to even toying with the idea of benching Felton to start him. Maybe he just misses hanging with Joe.

The Portland announcing crew were pointing out Nate being visably upset with Jamal passing up shots (which he did) opting to force passes even with time running down. I can't understand any bad feelings he'd have outside of them not being a clear playoff team, Nate has given him free reign to be a bench gunner and even a 4th quarter closer in addition to even toying with the idea of benching Felton to start him. Maybe he just misses hanging with Joe.

In Portland Crawford is just another guy off the bench. You have Aldridge, Wallace and now Batum as the stars. In Atlanta the stars were JJ, JC, Horford and Josh was the goat. Jamal was a hot commodity here, he always got the post game interviews and had some great shots in clutch. His game winning shot against the Suns as time expired last year was one of the most exciting plays in the NBA.

Okay I'll say this again, he's their sixth man first off the bench and 4th quarter closer that they were even debating starting. How does that make him just another guy off the bench? It's Aldridge team no contest, Wallace is extremely up and down and Batum who wasn't getting minutes just recently exploded but none of that has anything to do with Jamal just not filling his role like he did in Atlanta. Nate McMillan was pissed last night that he wasn't asserting himself so again, how is he any type of afterthought in Portland?

• Premium Member

Okay I'll say this again, he's their sixth man first off the bench and 4th quarter closer that they were even debating starting. How does that make him just another guy off the bench? It's Aldridge team no contest, Wallace is extremely up and down and Batum who wasn't getting minutes just recently exploded but none of that has anything to do with Jamal just not filling his role like he did in Atlanta. Nate McMillan was pissed last night that he wasn't asserting himself so again, how is he any type of afterthought in Portland?

I have to agree with the poster who said that the Crawford enjoyed the lack of structure here. Iso-Jamal. He may be all the things you claim he is in PTL, but two things happen... He doesn't have the freedom to mess up and he doesn't have the freedom to play outside of the gameplan. Nate gets pissed because he passes up shots... he passes up shots because they are not in his spot. He's a cog now.

Maybe the lack of structure is what hurts Hinrich in our offense. Hinrich is a structure guy who brings some structure to the offense. However, it's hard to be one guy of 12 doing this.

He gets 25 minutes a game yet is second on their team in shot attempts despite shooting absolutely terribly. And to say he passed up shots because they weren't in his spots? Wtf?! Did you not watch Jamal the two years he was here??? Name a spot on the floor where he wouldn't take a shot from repeatedly?

It's not a matter of structure because watching their games he's the one guy who is given leeway to play his game unless, like last night, he decides he doesn't want to play his game. Seems more like a case of people reading too deeply into a tweet, him just not being that good and playing on a team with less talent to hide behind.

I have to agree with the poster who said that the Crawford enjoyed the lack of structure here. Iso-Jamal. He may be all the things you claim he is in PTL, but two things happen... He doesn't have the freedom to mess up and he doesn't have the freedom to play outside of the gameplan. Nate gets pissed because he passes up shots... he passes up shots because they are not in his spot. He's a cog now.

Maybe the lack of structure is what hurts Hinrich in our offense. Hinrich is a structure guy who brings some structure to the offense. However, it's hard to be one guy of 12 doing this.

Repeat post. Diesel, I really have to ask why would New Orleans do this trade? I am leaving my feelings out of this one, just asking why would they do this. We know why you feel Atlanta would do it.

I personally think a trade of Hinrich to Phoenix for Josh Childress and Robin Lopez might be our best deal. Lopez is a below average center who has decent potential. We all know what Chillz brings. I like that fantasy deal more than the Kaman one because it's realistic because Phx needs a backup PG who can defend and they want the cap room for 2012 and get rid of Chillz weak contract. For Atlanta is makes T-Mac, Marvin, Zaza expendable. Especially Zaza who could pray away key pieces.

Of course the lack of structure hurts Hinrich. But he's still effective on defense and his BBIQ is high so we can make due.

He gets 25 minutes a game yet is second on their team in shot attempts despite shooting absolutely terribly. And to say he passed up shots because they weren't in his spots? Wtf?! Did you not watch Jamal the two years he was here??? Name a spot on the floor where he wouldn't take a shot from repeatedly?

It's not a matter of structure because watching their games he's the one guy who is given leeway to play his game unless, like last night, he decides he doesn't want to play his game. Seems more like a case of people reading too deeply into a tweet, him just not being that good and playing on a team with less talent to hide behind.

Dude Jamals been playing POINT GUARD for them and Felton has been good god awful . It seems jamal trying to be the team guy and do whats asked has been trying to play the point for them but the problem is that for a while it seems none of there guards were making shots so besides LA there was no one to actually step up and take those shots and allow Crawford to just focus on playing the point until Felton got going .

Jamal shooting started slow but it has picked up in the month of February and he has been playing well the problem it seems from chatting with a few Blazers f ans that Nate Mcmillan gives the other guards Wes Mathews and Felton there 30+ mpg no matter what where as Crawford even when he was playing well and they were not struggled to get more than 26 .

Jamal when he was here played 31 minutes you could pretty much set your clock by it and when all of our guards had it going we found ways to get them all on the court However the Blazers guards just are not as good as Joe and Kirk because they simply cannot play the drive and kick game .

You cant really say the Jamal we know is given the same leeway when hes FORCED due to Feltons incompetence to play PG the majority of the time hes in . We actually seemed to find the right mix of PG/SG usage for jamal the Blazers not so much it seems . I think Nate Mcmillan has trouble adjusting .

The scary thing from just checking espn is that if jamal was actually given the same 31 mpg he was given here he would be putting up top 5 sg numbers this year lol . Gotta love that lockout lol

He had some moments with Portland. The problem is, in Atlanta, everyone has free will. The players can play their style, as long as it conducive. For a structure player, Atlanta can be tough. For players like Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, Willie Green, J. Pargo, and Ivan Johnson. This is a great fit. They love Atlanta as their numbers here are higher than their numbers else where coming off the bench. I been saying this, Atlanta is a great fit for guys who have talent and fit the scheme of the Hawks style. For Pargo, he is not a starter and never will be one. He for coming off the bench feels free. LD doesn't have a leash that posters here are talking about. LD is a free reign type coach. The only thing is he puts a lot of responsibility on the PG. All the players know that. The PG has to have a lot of positive possessions. Turnovers aren't huge with LD but positive possessions are as with most motion offenses in the NBA.

So Josh is a bench player in your mind now?????????

I submit that in a system where he isn't considered a bailout and with a point guard that passes well in the open court (ie Nash, Deron, etc), he's a 20 pt a game guy. We have a player who is at his best cutting to the basket on a team that runs iso Joe.

For all not quite sure what iso Joe is. The design is for Joe to dribble, drive and if there is nothing there (or in his case gets in trouble), kick out to a shooter.

In that offense, spotting up for jumpers is what you get.

Instead of these, "looking for my shot first" points, give me a draw and kick, drive and dish point guard any day.

No, I was talking in reference to Josh being a non structure type of player like the other guys listed. He's not a bench player.