• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

T21

... but why would the Nets take on Joe's contract? He's a lesser player to D-Will.

I'm just pitching a scenario that would take JJ's contract off our backs and land us either true PG or Center...

P.S. Even without Howard... D-Will would be better fit with Smoove and Horf (he would maximize their potentials), than JJ.

... but why would the Nets take on Joe's contract? He's a lesser player to D-Will.

Because there is a lot of uncertainty about D-Will signing there after the 2012-13 season, and now they get the certainty of having an All-Star for the long term and also a point guard who has loads of potential.

If they took that deal, I'd go freaking nuts. The exchange of players makes sense for the Nets, but that is a remarkable amount of risk for the Nets to assume. Why do we do it? To get rid of that contract and have an All-Star PG for a year.

Everybody in the NBA knows that Joe will be amnestied, and they can get him on the cheap (comparatively). I can see that they'd like to have a young point guard on the cheap, but it is only for two and a half years. They'd be locked into Joe until forever at an unbelievable price... reward does not match the risk in my opinion.