• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kenny Anderson for Tinsley/Croshere? Damn

Admin

This is from the ESPN Insider Rumor Mill.......

In reply to:

Jul. 11 - The Pacers have talked with the Celtics about a trade that would send Croshere and Jamaal Tinsley to the Celtics for Kenny Anderson. The Pacers like Tinsley, but are concerned about his outside shooting and immaturity. Anderson gives them a veteran backcourt leader and allows them to get Croshere off the books. With only one year remaining on his contract, he isn't a big risk. In the long run, the Pacers think they may have a keeper at point guard in last year's second-round pick, Jamison Brewer. For the Celtics, they knew that they were going to have to start their point guard search sooner or later and Tinsley has tremendous upside. Adding Croshere would allow them to let Rodney Rogers slip away and keep them out of the luxury tax. To make this deal work financially, the trade couldn't happen until August 1st, when Croshere loses his base-year status.

What do you guys think about this? Could we give them Hendu/re-signed JV for Tinsley/Croshere? Would Babs want to go back and get Tinsley if he had the chance? I wouldnt want him, but I want to know what you guys think Babs would do and what you would do yourselves.

I don't understand what that question means..."Would Babs want to go back and get Tinsley if he had the chance? "

Babcock has never said that he liked Tinsley. He has repeatedly said that if we had kept our pick last year, we would NOT have drafted Tinsley. He liked Tony Parker as a PG. He would have drafted Parker last year if we had kept our pick.

I am not sure what everyone likes about Tinsley. He can not shoot at all though.

• Premium Member

This is actually a smart move by Indy.

They get rid of Croshere's salary and put themselves in position to either resign Oneal or to go after Duncan!!!! Duncan because next yr, Anderson and REGGIE's contracts will be up. Oneal's too. That's about 24 million they will have to spend. Not to mention Bender will be gone so there's about 27 million to spend.

My guess is if Jones turns out, they will have enough to go after Kidd and Duncan!!!

Smart!!!

• Premium Member

Brewer/

Mercer/Jones

Harrington/Artest

PF

Miller/Foster

With close to 30 million to pick up players.

In that rebuilding state, they have to find money for Artest/Oneal/ and a PG... either Kidd, Payton, or some other PG.

But they could have:

Kidd/Brewer

Mercer/Jones

Harrington/Artest

Oneal/

Miller/Foster

with about 6 million left for 1 or 2 free agents.

BTW, I'm not sure if Mercer's contract runs out next yr as well.