• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walking the fine line...

T21

Last night's game vs Cavs was such a great example of Josh Smith's dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality on the basketball court...

We all know of his talents and his antics, but last night Josh flirted with the triple-double and another excellent performance... that was until he completely lost the touch with the game, his focus was out the window and he finished with 3-15, 7 pts, 8 rebs, 9 assts. Had he kept his focus and composure it might have been something like 5-10, 12 pts, 11 rebs, 10 assts.

Just couldn't help myself but to state the obvious...

Edited by T21

Last night's game vs Cavs was such a great example of Josh Smith's dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality on the basketball court...

We all know of his talents and his antics, but last night Josh flirted with the triple-double and another excellent performance... that was until he completely lost the touch with the game, his focus was out the window and he finished with 3-15, 7 pts, 8 rebs, 9 assts. Had he kept his focus and composure it might have been something like 5-10, 12 pts, 11 rebs, 10 assts.

Just couldn't help myself but to state the obvious...

Live and die by the jump shot has been our mantra since we acquired Bibby and first made the playoffs. It is what JJ, Smoove, and Al with his midrange game do. It is all we can do now except for Teague who can slash. It is what it is and it is why good teams in the playoffs can handle us.

We face better players and athletes in the playoffs, teams increase the perimeter pressure D, and we then have nothing to go to.

I think it was just one of those nights. I didn't thinik it was a problem with lack of effort (though I admit, its hard to judge that from TV.) he missed from everywhere from 2 foot to 25 so, it wasn't just taking long shots. He had the rebounds and assists. Had he stayed in the game I think we'd have seen a triple double.

I think it was just one of those nights. I didn't thinik it was a problem with lack of effort (though I admit, its hard to judge that from TV.) he missed from everywhere from 2 foot to 25 so, it wasn't just taking long shots. He had the rebounds and assists. Had he stayed in the game I think we'd have seen a triple double.

It's about his decision making... He can be dangerous and effective without taking as many shots and having lots of plays called for him.

My point was that he could have easily achieved triple-double if he played with focus, without forcing anything on offense... Instead, he just wondered off and lost his touch with the game, teammates, coach... He just had to take one step back, slow down, that's it.

I will give Josh a pass for last game even though he didn't really have a bad overall game. He has been tearing it up over the past few weeks and it feels like his outside jumper has added a new dimension to his game that allows him to attack more easily inside. I hope this new Josh stays.

I will give Josh a pass for last game even though he didn't really have a bad overall game. He has been tearing it up over the past few weeks and it feels like his outside jumper has added a new dimension to his game that allows him to attack more easily inside. I hope this new Josh stays.

That's right, his J is getting better and he's getting more confident... but he needs to make better decisions! Shots won't run away, he'll have plenty of opportunities...

If he properly used a hand-brake, we would have been talking about very mature, complete, team-oriented performance (in a pedestrian fashion!)...