• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can't Hawks Be Happy, WTF

phoostal

• Premium Member

Ive been a Hawks fan for many years and I aint happy. I m not gonna sugarcoat things for the ASG. If this team would have added a couple of pieces, they would be a championship contender this year. This is the entire thing that pains me. The "core" is there but the team refuses to spend the $$$ to add the rounding pieces for a contending team. We can all enjoy the games they are playing against subpar teams at this point, but down deep we ALL know this team is not going to play for a championship.If some of you call that "tweener" fans, then I would say you are the "tweeners".

Ive been a Hawks fan for many years and I aint happy. I m not gonna sugarcoat things for the ASG. If this team would have added a couple of pieces, they would be a championship contender this year. This is the entire thing that pains me. The "core" is there but the team refuses to spend the $$$ to add the rounding pieces for a contending team. We can all enjoy the games they are playing against subpar teams at this point, but down deep we ALL know this team is not going to play for a championship.If some of you call that "tweener" fans, then I would say you are the "tweeners".

Okay?? Wrong usage of tweener but I hear ya! Last time I checked, Horford has been hurt and we're still winning. We've had the worst two months with injuries and yet we're still winning. We have one of the best benches in the NBA when healthy. Our players have grown a serious size of gonads when it comes to digging deep and winning games in the 4th quarter. I remember when we use to lay down and get beat by 20+ points. Obviously, you are the tweener my friend. Real Hawks fans have noticed the change in attitude of this team despite the lack of help from the A$G.

Vol,Think you are missing the point of the thread. As fans I think we all agree the roster is flawed and needs to be improved. What I'm pointing out is that "Why don't we enjoy the wins more" instead of tearing down the players that help accomplish the wins. We all know that ASG sucks and needs to go. We all know that we probably can't get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Let's just enjoy the wins instead of b*tching about which player is better or which player sucks after a win. Everyone has flaws, but when we win how about congratulating the team instead of arguing about how we won. Because of this player we won or because of this player we lost seems to be petty and takes away from the win if you ask me.Root on the hawks, not individuals. I think its great to like certain players, but I believe in the end no matter what player you like you want the Hawks to win. And it seems on this site after a win its so draining with the comments from people who want to complain about the players weather they have a good game or bad game thus taking away from the win.Do I want new ownership? Hell yes. Yet that has nothing to do with this thread, it's called enjoy what we have while we have it. Instead of complaining especially after a win. Despite ASG and their BS we can't change that unless we become billionaires, so lets be happy about wins and hope we can surprise.

• Premium Member

Vol,Think you are missing the point of the thread. As fans I think we all agree the roster is flawed and needs to be improved. What I'm pointing out is that "Why don't we enjoy the wins more" instead of tearing down the players that help accomplish the wins. We all know that ASG sucks and needs to go. We all know that we probably can't get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Let's just enjoy the wins instead of b*tching about which player is better or which player sucks after a win. Everyone has flaws, but when we win how about congratulating the team instead of arguing about how we won. Because of this player we won or because of this player we lost seems to be petty and takes away from the win if you ask me.Root on the hawks, not individuals. I think its great to like certain players, but I believe in the end no matter what player you like you want the Hawks to win. And it seems on this site after a win its so draining with the comments from people who want to complain about the players weather they have a good game or bad game thus taking away from the win.Do I want new ownership? Hell yes. Yet that has nothing to do with this thread, it's called enjoy what we have while we have it. Instead of complaining especially after a win. Despite ASG and their BS we can't change that unless we become billionaires, so lets be happy about wins and hope we can surprise.

OK I can accept this. I have not been in the Joe-Josh argument and dont care to.

There is nothing wrong with accepting the obvious. yeah we have won some games lately but against lottery teams and they were not convincing wins. How can a team that can barely beat lottery teams march into Miami or Chicago and win. I tend to look at who's on top.

There is nothing wrong with accepting the obvious. yeah we have won some games lately but against lottery teams and they were not convincing wins. How can a team that can barely beat lottery teams march into Miami or Chicago and win. I tend to look at who's on top.

I assume they can do it the same way that they marched into Miami and beat them earlier this year.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The only reason I defend Joe like I do is because we have people that post here with clear cut agendas to try and convince the rest of us that certain players are some kind of walking piles of scum that don't deserve to live. I always support the team no matter which player is the best or what individual numbers are put up. If we win, I'm happy. If we lose, I'm not happy.

• Like 1