• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So we are almost assured of homecourt now? Good stuff.....

HawkItus

• Premium Member

We have to hold onto a .5 game lead over Orlando for that to matter.

There's a lot of basketball to be played. It's possible that we can catch Indy. They have a .5 game lead on us. Personally, I think they have an easier schedule but it depends on what teams decide to shut it down down the stretch.Still if we keep 5 seed and we have homecourt, it sets up a second round matchup vs. the winner of Chicago/Milwaukee or Chicago/NY... or Chicago/Philly.If we get the 3rd seed, we play possibly Orlando first and the winner of NY/Miami or Philly/Miami or Milwaukee/Miami.I think NY can take Miami.As long as we don't get Philly in the 2nd round, I like our chances.

How is anything "almost assured?"For the hawks to have homecourt in the first round, they would have to:stay ahead of the celticsstay ahead of either the magic or indianaBoth conditions would have to apply.The celtics have one more loss than the hawks, but the two teams face each other twiceIndiana has one fewer loss, does not play atlanta anymore, and only faces 3 playoff teams from here on out, one of them a chicago team that might have already clinched home court on the last game of the seasonorlando has the same number of losses and play the hawks at home.So things are completely up in the air.