• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Went to the game(Hawks v Det)

and had a blast cheering for my Hawks. Got a free ticket 2 hours before game, section 115.1. Loved the blowout - crowd loved it and was into it until the end, went nuts on that Ivan 2nd quarter dunk2 Decent crowd considering a Wednesday night game against Detroit3. Passed by Rick Mahorn broadcasting for the Pistons radio4. Did the wave about 5 times5. Kiss Cam was fun as always6. Took a picture of my nephew with SkyHawk7. Grabbed one of the parachutes with a stuffed dog that fell from the rafters (my daughter will love it)All in all had a wonderful time.

• Admin

Very cool! I'm jealous of you all that get to see the Hawks in person. So far I've only seen them 4-5 times here in Houston and I believe we've lost every game I've been to and they've been ugly games too!

Me tooI have only gotten to see them play 4 times (once during the Smitty/Deke/Mookie years). I was visiting in Atlanta and watched Smith have a shootout with Glen Rice and the Hornets. They won.The other ones were Ok City vs Hawks twice and New Orleans (when they were in OK City for the year). It sucks that I can only see them once a year. Hawks lost all of those games.

Very cool! I'm jealous of you all that get to see the Hawks in person. So far I've only seen them 4-5 times here in Houston and I believe we've lost every game I've been to and they've been ugly games too!

Have a little bro that lives in Houston..........teaches at the University of Houston for last 2 years. He raves about the read deal Tex-Mex food there.Back to the Hawks.........this is the 1st year I have not been to a regular season game since I was probably 15 years old. Ever since I was able to drive I have made my way to ATL for a Hawks game. With a new born baby I'm having to sit it out until the playoffs.Hoping for another epic Boston series ! Edited by coachx

Dolfan, if you ever make it to Atlanta - I've got 2 tickets waiting for you.

Very cool of you! Save those for the finals for me this year then ;)

Have a little bro that lives in Houston..........teaches at the University of Houston. He alwasy raves about the read deal Tex-Mex food there.

I can certainly attest to being able to find excellent Tex-Mex just about anywhere in the city and pretty much all over outside of the city as well.

• Premium Member

funny since a ton of local sports bars are passing out so called Community Vouchers to Hawks games. You just enter the info from the voucher in at Hawks.com and you get pretty decent seats for absolutely free.

My other observations from the game:1. JaCo had a productive outing2. T-Mac looks fatter on TV than in person3. Only Josh and sometimes Kirk were standing cheering and towel waving on the 2nd unit as they extended the lead in the 2nd Q.4. The collective groan of the crowd when Josh took and missed a long jumper...heeheehee...it is always comical.5. Josh did make an effort to pass the ball after a rebound, he only brought it up 2 times that I remember.6. No knee pads for Joe (don't know if this was his first game without them since)7. The crowd loves IVANing it8. The entire bench giggling like school girls on the T-Mac goal tending call, was prolly wondering how he jumped that high to get it.I took my amazing camera and as soon as I turned it on I realized - dead battery after charging it all day (charger was no good).

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I thought we'd get something out of Dampier. I'm not sure why we signed him for the season other than maybe they though Collins wouldn't be able to come back from his injury. With zaza down you'd think we'd see damp in garbage time.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I was at the game too. I took somebody that really isn't a huge basketball fan and told him that it would probably be a close game with the Hawks pulling away late in the 4th. Boy was I wrong lol. It was really fun to watchloo us blow the Pistons out.T-Mac has really looked good these last couple of games. Hopefully he has been holding back all season for the playoffs.Pargo also had a good playoff for the Hornets a couple of years ago. I hope he has a couple of his hot shooting games in store for the Hawks this year too.

• Like 1

Our secret weapon for the playoffs this season may be T-Mac.

He's not THAT old and he seems to be rounding into shape nicely.

Mostly, I believe he's been held out when Hawks play back-to-back

games, which we won't have in the playoffs.

Our second unit, bench, is much better than our starting five when we

had that 13 win season a few years ago.

Ivan, Marvin, T-Mack, Pargo & Green.

And, we got two more - non starters who ain't bad at all.

Then, there's Dampier and Horford. Not a bad combo.

Posted Image

I thought we'd get something out of Dampier. I'm not sure why we signed him for the season other than maybe they though Collins wouldn't be able to come back from his injury. With zaza down you'd think we'd see damp in garbage time.

Read somewhere that Damp has some sorta injury - calf I think?