• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What LD should be saying....

Diesel

• Premium Member

“I know what all the pundits say: everyone says that you can run for a while but when you get to the playoffs that you have to slow down and that strong, beat ‘em up defensive teams always win, I never believed that and I still don’t. My only advice is if you are a speed team that gets into the playoffs, play faster—that’s what you do, so crank it up another notch, rather than leveling it off and playing the way that everyone else thinks that you are supposed to play.”We should be running on every rebound and inbound. We should fill the lanes and run. When we slow down, we play their game. We should play ours... uptempo. They will tire.We also need to harrass Paul if he got the ball. Trap him.If we do this, we will take the heart out of them.

• Like 2

The bench was the problem last game in terms of slowing the tempo from the starters in the 1st quarter.I think at half time LD changed up - like he was playing a "prevent defense" NFL style, we are up big so let's shorten the game possesion by possesion by running the clock, we got caught with too many "5 seconds" to shoot situations.

First thing I would do is post all the pundits and so called experts saying that without Rondo "I still expect the celtics to win this series", quotes in the locker room. I would also you have TNT's halftime show and pregame playing and on repeat in the locker room. I would also show some replays of game 7 in Boston back in 2008, how we were dominated that game-With PP or Bradley handing the PG duties and us being a better conditioned team. I would suprise them and start off with a full court press and make PP or Bradley work and use some energy while bringing the ball up. I wouldnt do it the whole game, but I would throw it in here and there.-Besides that I would continue to out run them. I would constantly remind the players to step on them and finish them off.

• Premium Member

We don't even do this in the regular season, why would we be doing this in the post-season? Our pace this season was 22nd. Last season we were 27th. We are a slow team, although I do agree we would be better served playing faster. But if we are better served with that, then surely LD would be harping on them to speed it up. I just don't think LD sees this and would rather slow it down.

Last post season, we never played the big lineup... but we beat Orlando with it.Basketball is a chess match.ON the board, I see their main ball handler and floor general and young legs off the court. Guess what, I'm running and pressing. Did you see how freaking tired KG was last game. To have Collins leaning on him and then to make it up the court to set up their defense, tired him. I would run him till his wheels came off. He's coming of a hip flexor. That's not going away easily. Sometimes, that's an indication of something else like an Achilles strain or a Plantar fasciaitis Run him til it hurts him. Press Paul. Teague is one of the best ball hawks in the game. Press Paul with Joe and somebody and Let Teague cover the other ball handler (Avery).Full court press on one side and Running on the other. When the fourth comes, they won't have a run in them.

“I know what all the pundits say: everyone says that you can run for a while but when you get to the playoffs that you have to slow down and that strong, beat ‘em up defensive teams always win, I never believed that and I still don’t. My only advice is if you are a speed team that gets into the playoffs, play faster—that’s what you do, so crank it up another notch, rather than leveling it off and playing the way that everyone else thinks that you are supposed to play.”

We should be running on every rebound and inbound. We should fill the lanes and run. When we slow down, we play their game. We should play ours... uptempo. They will tire.

We also need to harrass Paul if he got the ball. Trap him.

If we do this, we will take the heart out of them.

+10

He's got the right idea. Now these guys need to man up and execute for 4 quarters. They could run the Celtics Geriatrics out of the gym if they ran up-tempo for the whole game.

• Premium Member

What Larry Drew shouldn't be saying: "ummm" "well" "uh". I do think he has a good feel for the game usually, but he can't get a point across with out those words. On camera, he doesn't really seem like a guy the players would really respect. Our offensive play seems to back up my thoughts.We still have time to regroup and win this series though. Go Hawks!