• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Honestly - did they not realize?

DJlaysitup

True to G_d...did the Hawks not realize that the Celtics were totally embarrassed by the O.T. game before and were TORCHED by the Boston media?....a two paper town by the way.

Were we so honestly dumb that we thought - Oh - we got them into overtime without Smoove - so all will be OK.

My Goll dang Cristo Mighty Sailors to Islands that have no water...we are what they call "Dumb as a bag of Hammers".

LD should be put on the plank. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Premium Member

I was listening to the Wired Commentary during the game. Doc Rivers basically told them... Be as physical and you can. They know that with their brand of defense and if they play physical and with the refs spotting them a few fouls, they can push us out to be jump shooters.It's our nature to shy away from contact.We don't have that dude that would take it inside 9 out of 10 times.That's the one great thing about the Clipps. They have that guy who will go inside and look to pound it inside 9 out of 10 times.Al is great for what he is.. High post fronter. Athletic big with no finish.Josh is a mystery. But one thing that's not a secret is that he shys away from physical play.Joe is no Dawayne WADE either.The only guy who has that kind of Dog in him is Jeff Teague.BUT he's being barked at by so many people he doesn't know what to do.It's going to take us getting a 6'10 monster who can play defense but excels at finishing at the rim.

• Like 1

I was listening to the Wired Commentary during the game. Doc Rivers basically told them... Be as physical and you can. They know that with their brand of defense and if they play physical and with the refs spotting them a few fouls, they can push us out to be jump shooters.It's our nature to shy away from contact.We don't have that dude that would take it inside 9 out of 10 times.That's the one great thing about the Clipps. They have that guy who will go inside and look to pound it inside 9 out of 10 times.Al is great for what he is.. High post fronter. Athletic big with no finish.Josh is a mystery. But one thing that's not a secret is that he shys away from physical play.Joe is no Dawayne WADE either.The only guy who has that kind of Dog in him is Jeff Teague.BUT he's being barked at by so many people he doesn't know what to do.It's going to take us getting a 6'10 monster who can play defense but excels at finishing at the rim.

Josh and Joe BOTH shy away from physical play, but especially Joe. Joe averages what 3 FT's per game? And one being a technical freebie. This team is soft, weak, and only a few play with any heart. I think Teague is intimidated and becomes passive. Marvin is Marvin. Josh makes some bad plays but wants to win. Joe hits a big shot every now and then. Teague shows signs of stardom then retreats. Even Marvin gets it right from time to time. But it's easy to give up on them. I've been doing it for years.

• Premium Member

Josh and Joe BOTH shy away from physical play, but especially Joe. Joe averages what 3 FT's per game? And one being a technical freebie. This team is soft, weak, and only a few play with any heart. I think Teague is intimidated and becomes passive. Marvin is Marvin.Josh makes some bad plays but wants to win. Joe hits a big shot every now and then. Teague shows signs of stardom then retreats. Even Marvin gets it right from time to time.But it's easy to give up on them. I've been doing it for years.

If only there was somewhere to buy toughness.Maybe Toughness is that slippery stuff on IVAN's Hands.While what you say about Joe is true. IN these playoffs, he has gone inside more than usual. I want to see a coach come in that will give the ball to the PG and will run standard plays and will demand execution without retreating to Iso ball.

Josh and Joe BOTH shy away from physical play, but especially Joe. Joe averages what 3 FT's per game? And one being a technical freebie. This team is soft, weak, and only a few play with any heart. I think Teague is intimidated and becomes passive. Marvin is Marvin.Josh makes some bad plays but wants to win. Joe hits a big shot every now and then. Teague shows signs of stardom then retreats. Even Marvin gets it right from time to time.But it's easy to give up on them. I've been doing it for years.

Joe has taken the most freethrows in the playoffs, gtfo

Joe is averaging 3.8 FT's made per playoff game. gtfo

Sure he makes 3.8 ft's but he TAKES 5.3, higher than all our other players, so in fact Joe upped his physical level of play during the playoffs. And that is with the 2 ft discrepency that he had last game, before that he was averaging around 6.5 ft's a game. Try to think before you comment

Sure he makes 3.8 ft's but he TAKES 5.3, higher than all our other players, so in fact Joe upped his physical level of play during the playoffs. And that is with the 2 ft discrepency that he had last game, before that he was averaging around 6.5 ft's a game. Try to think before you comment

Well if you think that's enough...

Well if you think that's enough...

Joe takes 16 shots and gets to the line 5.3 times, Josh takes 17 shots and gets to the line 5 times. Now let me ask you this, who do you think should be getting to the line more, our perimeter oriented sg/sf who has difficulty getting easy buckets at the rim, or our athletic pf who can get to the rim whenever he feels like it.

Joe takes 16 shots and gets to the line 5.3 times, Josh takes 17 shots and gets to the line 5 times. Now let me ask you this, who do you think should be getting to the line more, our perimeter oriented sg/sf who has difficulty getting easy buckets at the rim, or our athletic pf who can get to the rim whenever he feels like it.

They both should be getting to the line more. Why not get the other team in foul trouble? Where is the agressiveness? If you think 5 FT's a game is good enough for us, then so be it, nothing to debate. And to be fair to other Hawks, some of Joes have been technicals.