• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Comparison

Mutombolievable

Granted, Denver lost but did anyone watch game 7 against the Lakers? Denver went down big and you know what brought them back? George Karl trusted his young lightning fast point guard and let Ty Lawson go nuts. Ty had the ball in his hands every time down the court and brought Denver back by getting to the rim and finishing or dishing to the open man. If we had a coach that would trust Jeff Teague I think he could be the same type player. Don't get me wrong, I think Ty Lawson is a better player than Teague and actually thought he was going to be ours on draft day a few years ago before Minnesota decided to draft 3 pgs in the first round.However, if Teague was given the freedom that Lawson gets I think he could do a damn good impersonation. We have seen him do the same just not consistently. The guy can finish at the rim, we've seen him do it but he's not allowed to do it consistently. We need a coach in here that will let the kid play, not one that motions for him to pass to his ball dominant SG at half court every time up the floor in the 4th. I think we are still yet to allow Teague to be Blink and think he's got a lot more potential that hasn't been released yet. Anyone see this? If not, you can tell me I'm crazy, that's fine...

Lawson is a point guard who can drive and dish/score on just about anyone. Teague is a scoring lead guard who had a lot of trouble with Avery Bradley and was basically useless in game 6 and that had nothing to do with LD putting a leash on him or whatever.

Lawson is good, Teague is not. Nothing to do with the coach but more so the player. You can't compare getting the same out of Zaza as you get out of JaVale McGee. Talent level is completely different.Teague best case scenario is Bobby Jackson and most likely is Leandro Barbosa.Teague is a talented player. Make no bones about it. But he isn't a scorer nor he is he a PG. He's an explosive weapon off the bench type who can play good Basketball in spurts.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

So I guess we've got to all agree to call me crazy! Look at the difference 1 pick in the draft can make...I still think there's a lot of potential in Teague. The guy can definitely get to the rim when he wants to

Edited by Mutombolievable

So I guess we've got to all agree to call me crazy! Look at the difference 1 pick in the draft can make...

Don't remind me, my expression when Lawson when right in front of us was priceless. I was so f**king high on Lawson. Lawson ability to run a PnR is so f***king good. I was like Al Horford can't buy a break. I wasn't mad at Teague though. I knew he was a project, I just didn't realize how awful of a passer he was till the NBA. I knew he didn't know how to run an offense at Wake. I watched Ish Smith take his job.

Don't remind me, my expression when Lawson when right in front of us was priceless. I was so f**king high on Lawson. Lawson ability to run a PnR is so f***king good. I was like Al Horford can't buy a break. I wasn't mad at Teague though. I knew he was a project, I just didn't realize how awful of a passer he was till the NBA. I knew he didn't know how to run an offense at Wake. I watched Ish Smith take his job.

I probably had the same expression. After the draft someone asked about the pick and the Hawks said they were very happy with it and would have taken Teague over Lawson even if Lawson was still on the board. At the time I wondered if that was to make Teague feel welcome or if it really was the truth.

• Moderators

I probably had the same expression. After the draft someone asked about the pick and the Hawks said they were very happy with it and would have taken Teague over Lawson even if Lawson was still on the board. At the time I wondered if that was to make Teague feel welcome or if it really was the truth.

Many of us were chatting online at the time of the pick. I was incredibly pissed when Minnesota took their 3rd PG in Lawson and left us a combo guard in Teague. I thought Lawson was coming to Atlanta and then I was just blindsided with that pick. It was brutal.

• Premium Member

Lawson is a point guard who can drive and dish/score on just about anyone. Teague is a scoring lead guard who had a lot of trouble with Avery Bradley and was basically useless in game 6 and that had nothing to do with LD putting a leash on him or whatever.

A couple of things. Let's not slight Avery Bradley. I haven't seen Lawson vs. Bradley yet, but I don't think Lawson's going to run all over him also.2ndly, game 6, Teague was fouled everytime he went inside and no ref whistle blew. They called it good Celtic defense but in actuallity, it was homecooking from the refs.I think Teague can do what Lawson can do. I think it has to be a team plan and not just a Teague going off plan. They set picks for PGs who drive on other teams. Our team philosophy doesn't have a pick in it.
  • Like 1

I don't have issue with the pick in general. We got a productive player. With Sund, our 1st picks have been productive players. Crawford and Teague are productive. But neither are starting quality players.

A couple of things. Let's not slight Avery Bradley. I haven't seen Lawson vs. Bradley yet, but I don't think Lawson's going to run all over him also.2ndly, game 6, Teague was fouled everytime he went inside and no ref whistle blew. They called it good Celtic defense but in actuallity, it was homecooking from the refs.I think Teague can do what Lawson can do. I think it has to be a team plan and not just a Teague going off plan. They set picks for PGs who drive on other teams. Our team philosophy doesn't have a pick in it.

Bradley is a blessed to be next to Rondo. It really helps his game a lot. He's a combo guard with great athleticism and super long arms. But he plays off of Rondo well and it is really what makes his development a lot faster than expected. Honestly, if he was a Hawk, he would be a rich man's Mario West, not even a starter over Ray Allen who potential is bright.Teague can't run an offense, have a quality PnR where he's not slashing to the basket, or make smart decisions. It's kind of hard to do with Lawson does when he's superior to Teague in those areas. That's like asking Zaza to be more like Nene.We use the PnR a lot especially with the PG when Al there.

• Premium Member

Bradley is a blessed to be next to Rondo. It really helps his game a lot. He's a combo guard with great athleticism and super long arms. But he plays off of Rondo well and it is really what makes his development a lot faster than expected. Honestly, if he was a Hawk, he would be a rich man's Mario West, not even a starter over Ray Allen who potential is bright.Teague can't run an offense, have a quality PnR where he's not slashing to the basket, or make smart decisions. It's kind of hard to do with Lawson does when he's superior to Teague in those areas. That's like asking Zaza to be more like Nene.We use the PnR a lot especially with the PG when Al there.

I refer you to game 2 of our series with the Celts...that is all.

I refer you to game 2 of our series with the Celts...that is all.

Having a great game or two doesn't mean that you are a great player as I refer you to game 5 and 6 of our series with the Celts with Marvin.

Bradley won the starting job over Allen and had some of his best games when Rondo was out injured or suspended for 13 games. He is also by far the youngest player on either the celtics or the hawks, and is still younger than 3 players who are expected to go in the lottery in the next draft. Edited by dlpin

What has Bradely done? Dude is a scrub, lets be honest here. What year was he drafted again?Teauge cant run an offense..What offense are we running? Even with Bibby here it was ISO JOE. With Bibby gone and Drew here its Teague bring the ball down,sometimes, pass to joe or josh only shoot when its the last option.We didnt use the PnR much cause Al was gone 90 percent of the season.

What has Bradely done? Dude is a scrub, lets be honest here. What year was he drafted again?Teauge cant run an offense..What offense are we running? Even with Bibby here it was ISO JOE. With Bibby gone and Drew here its Teague bring the ball down,sometimes, pass to joe or josh only shoot when its the last option.We didnt use the PnR much cause Al was gone 90 percent of the season.

Bradley is not a scrub but I don't think he would be a starter on most NBA teams.We ran an offense with Bibby but it will never truly work without a number #1 option and with Josh Smith on the court. The PnR wasn't effective. I watched the games. Teague couldn't create out of it, he was only good for slashing out of it. He's a slasher.

1. Bradley is not a scrub, he's a talented young player.2. Lawson is FAR more talented than Teague as a POINT GUARD.3. Teague has no idea what he's doing when he's driving to the hole, he's just hoping that something will happen from the chaos or that he'll make a shot, while a legit PG like Lawson or Rondo have a plan for when they drive. I like Teague but he'll NEVER be a true PG and we've been down this road before with Jason Terry and that didn't end well. So I'd prefer to continue trying to find a real PG to lead this team and we can let Teague be our 6th man / instant offense off the bench.

1. Bradley is not a scrub, he's a talented young player.2. Lawson is FAR more talented than Teague as a POINT GUARD.3. Teague has no idea what he's doing when he's driving to the hole, he's just hoping that something will happen from the chaos or that he'll make a shot, while a legit PG like Lawson or Rondo have a plan for when they drive.I like Teague but he'll NEVER be a true PG and we've been down this road before with Jason Terry and that didn't end well. So I'd prefer to continue trying to find a real PG to lead this team and we can let Teague be our 6th man / instant offense off the bench.

I wish Teague was as good as JT. JT was nice with his shot. He just didn't have a position and wasn't good enough as a scorer to be a #1 option. Teague has better tools than JT but JT was a much better player at the same stage. Teague still plays off his tools mainly. Edited by nbasuperstar40

Teague scored 13 points his first year as a starter as the 3rd option. JT was always the 2nd option and if I remember was about an 18-19 point scorer as a Hawk. JT had a more natural jumper but Teague is quicker and more athletic.