• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Drew Speaks (audio)

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I actually agree with what LD said but for a different reason.Playing a team without their superstar is usually very difficult. Mainly because you have spent much of your time determining how you will play against the superstar. Unless you have a team full of stars, you can't just put a guy in front of your man and expect any defense your man to use to work. Players have idiosyncrasies, defenders become accoustumed to them. That's why certain players have other players numbers and they might be the worst defender in the world otherwise.So you switch a Rondo for a big SG and guess what, that Big shooting guard is going to eat our guys lunch. Hell, you almost got a repeat in game 3. In game three, Boston couldn't figure out how to stop Tmac playing PF. It is not because TMac is so nice. It's because TMac was not Smoove.However, that's a B.S. question to ask a coach. "hey coach, how'd yall lose that game". Coach: " F. U."What the f is he supposed to say??Since you are so pissed at LD... You be LD.I ask the question..LD, how'd yall let Game 2 slip. That game caused you to lose the series and this season. What happened?

Snarky question but fair. LD should have expected that from the 790 guys. They want him gone! Those guys have done the same to a long line of Atlanta GMs and Coaches.I am not sure how he should have responded. I do know this.... LD hand delivered 790 a years worth of ammunition by saying his guys were out-worked. That is the bottom line. He did not say those words but we know the only way that team, without Rondo and PP, can beat the Hawks is if they out-worked them. Who job is it to make sure that never happens? Hey I know it happens, but LD should be man enough to push back on his guys privately and accept more personal accountability publicly. Edited by NineOhTheRino

And that is one of the big reason why this team doesnt get any respect at all.I trying to understand Coach Drew but the stuff he was sprout out made no sense at all, teams plays through injuries, heck every team that is still in the playoffs except Thunder/Pacers (maybe) had/has an major injuries but they kept playing through it. I still trying to figure out why he support Josh shooting 3 points (25% shooting over 100 shots) that is CRAZY!!! Its getting hard to support this team, it really is.I always like 3D, and I wish he could buy this team or anybody that wants to keep the team in Atlanta.

I listened today and I was annoyed. If he said he was happy with the regular season but dissappointed with playoffs I could accept that. I am sooooo tired of all this crap.

What do you want the guy to say? Cunningham has a good article today about Larry Drew's position. He is basically the equivalent of a substitute teacher on a long term assignment. The ASG has hamstrung him. See Woody in NY for the contrast. He has made strong comments since the season ended about Melo losing weight etc., because he new a long term deal was coming. He has the teams backing. Drew gets a one year extension. This same team quit on Woody because he was on his final year with no commitment. Josh is in his last year. Can Drew really call him out and risk losing him knowing that the team won't trade him? Sometimes I think people want everything for nothing.