• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Memphis Grizzlies sold...

Devon

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8038389/sources-billionaire-robert-pera-agrees-purchase-memphis-grizzliesSo I just read on ESPN that the Memphis Grizzlies were sold for $350m to a 34-year old "Silicon Valley" billionaire with no ties to the area...This pisses me off to no end...Memphis can get sold but Atlanta, THE 9TH LARGEST MARKET IN THE COUNTRY, gets stuck with the bumbling bafoon crew...To quote the mom from Step-Brothers... "What the F*cking F*ck" Edited by Devon
  • Like 1

No one wants a team that has a ten year run of losing money who are somewhat successful in terms of wins.

Basketball city, better support, the only show in town.

360 million? The Hawks were only valued at 270mil by Forbes (funny that the Grizzlies were valued at 269). The ASG paid 208 for the Hawks too, talk about selling high. Should be noted that the Hawks have a much higher debt/value....whatever that means....should have paid better attention in my business requisites.

• Moderators

Being that I live only a little over an hour away from Memphis, I go to Grizz games all of the time. The Grizz have a good fanbase in Memphis. There were not too many empty seats at the games I've been too. Other than the St. Louis Cardinals farm team, the Memphis Redbirds, there isn't another team in the city.... Memphis is the murder capital of the US, but the area around the FedEx Forum isn't bad and Beale St is fun. Met Three 6 Mafia at the last game I went to.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87