• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Qualifying Offer Week for Ivan?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Is removing the "un" from "unrestricted free agent" for Ivan the first order of business after the draft for Danny Ferry? I trust that's going to happen, but is there any reason to think differently?~lw3

Ivan for his QC is a great offer but anything more than 3 mil is too much.

• Moderators

Welp, less than 11 hours to go. I suspect the Hawks' brass is out at the movies watching Ted or something.

I'm suspecting LD probably had the biggest hand in not making a QO for him. Dwindling his play down to zero once Horford and Smoove came back (with Zaza still out) was as big a clue as LD could give.

As much as I felt the Celtics were the only first-round matchup that could give the Hawks some measure of legitimacy (had they beaten them and ended their run), Boston was probably the very worst team to have getting under Ivan's thin skin late in the season, for his sake. When KG brought his predictable bag of histrionic verbal tricks to the playoff party, it seems like it took half the Hawks team to get Ivan recalibrated. Even random Boston fans mere seconds after the season ended were enough to cause him, a new father on his first NBA paycheck, to cough up about 5% of his salary, never mind any team penalties when he had to fly himself home from Logan earlier in the month.

All that said, I think he'll have no problem sticking to a roster as a UFA somewhere. Where do you think he'd land? I think something in the neighborhood of $1.5 million would do the trick. As for destinations, I'm also looking at Brooklyn, New Orleans, and his hometown of San Antonio. And don't rule out Boston completely, since Doc was the main guy who mentored Ivan just last year.

~lw3